Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 1 Page 5

Quote: Godot Taxis @ March 17 2009, 10:57 AM GMT

Well, a couple of weeks ago I watched Mamma Mia in a room with four homosexuals and my girlfriend and I wish they'd just bummed me.

Christ, not Mamma Mia. *shudder*

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 17 2009, 10:50 AM GMT

I think I know what you'll say, but are you not going to venture an opinion?

It was alright. Better than I feared it may be, but not as good as I hoped it would be. I found some points humourous. Others lost me entirely. But it was not aimed at the likes of me, so I suppose that's to be expected.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 17 2009, 10:41 AM GMT

Get out.

Gladly *locks door behind himself*

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 17 2009, 11:11 AM GMT

Gladly *locks door behind himself*

*Does a little dance*

*breaks key in lock and lights gunpowder trail*

http://www.chortle.co.uk/shows/tv/s/16853/stewart_lees_comedy_vehicle/review/

*Agrees*

Stewart Lee is the Jed Bartlett of the BBC!

I nearly felt sorry for Chris Moyles. But not quite.

The show has turned out very well. The bit about Radio 4 satirical shows must have had a few people round these parts nodding a bit!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ March 17 2009, 11:56 AM GMT

The bit about Radio 4 satirical shows must have had a few people round these parts nodding a bit!

He sounded very Andy Parsons (is it?) doing that voice! :D

Quote: john lucas 101 @ March 17 2009, 11:56 AM GMT

I nearly felt sorry for Chris Moyles.

"You're probably thinking it's quite good, quite clever. But it's not." Laughing out loud

*shouts through locked door*

So just because I don't like it I am then supposed to like "raucous dumbed-down comedy". What a loads of bollocks.

"He has the unshakeable belief that his entire audience is as educated and erudite as him; or at least that if they're not, they want to appear to be." - That last bit is probably more truthful.

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 17 2009, 12:01 PM GMT

I like raucous dumbed-down comedy.

*Snigger*

The show was great, but what was all that "handrail" business about? Was he meant to be getting rappers mixed up with skateboarders or something?

Quote: catskillz @ March 17 2009, 12:12 PM GMT

The show was great, but what was all that "handrail" business about? Was he meant to be getting rappers mixed up with skatboarders or something?

Something like that, basically acting like a befuddled older person trying to explain what they think a 'rap singer' is, and getting several things mixed up whilst in the process.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 17 2009, 12:06 PM GMT

*Snigger*

>_<

I love Stewart Lee, but don't find the Opera entertaining. Although completely appreciate the thoughts behind it.

Quote: zooo @ March 17 2009, 12:44 PM GMT

Opera .

Sick

Hooray for a genuinely individual comic voice on TV - not demographic-led, not afraid of offending people, not afraid of making the audience do a bit of the work. Clever and silly - the Grange Hill drive-by was a belter. I loved it.