Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 1 Page 9

Great stuff. Although he does look a bit weird nowadays. Physically, middle-age doesn't suit him the way it suits some people.

He does look a bit old for 40 and he's starting to look quite like Morrisey these days.

I used to work with someone who went to university with Lee and said he would go through books and make everyone laugh even then.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ March 19 2009, 10:58 AM GMT

He does look a bit old for 40 and he's starting to look quite like Morrisey these days.

I thought that too! :)

Quote: Wistyish @ March 18 2009, 8:49 PM GMT

I think I'd be more worried about Chris Moyles sitting on me! :O

:D

Just watched it.

Twas ace!

It (and this is stating the obvious) was a bit like Fist of Fun if it was just Lee on his own.

The Radio 4 critique was very good indeed. And in a world where the BBC make only witless, in your face comedy, this was a nice break.

And I demand a die-cast model of the 'Stewart Lee Comedy Vehicle' car!

They could make at least a few pounds from idiots like me. I'll probably just make do with the DVD, though.

Quote: Seefacts @ March 19 2009, 1:26 PM GMT

And in a world where the BBC make only witless, in your face comedy, this was a nice break.

Not a fan of Outnumbered then.

How come this thread has no page numbers inside the brackets?

Fixed.

Finally got around to watching this. Excellent stuff! Can't wait til next week.

Bumping this to remind those meatheads who might otherwise forget. That this is on tonight. It's Stewart Lee! On BBC2! Don't take it for granted.

Cheers. Got a house full of sisters-in-law and neices at the moment so I might have forgotten it or got conned into watching something terrible involving dancing or singing or decorating or somesuch.

Quote: Afinkawan @ March 23 2009, 3:13 PM GMT

Cheers. Got a house full of sisters-in-law and neices at the moment so I might have forgotten it or got conned into watching something terrible involving dancing or singing or decorating or somesuch.

You have my sympathies!

Thanks. They insisted on watching something-or-another on ice yesterday and they seem to have brought an entire car full of hair straighteners and makeup with them. Someone broke the internet, a niece grabbed the Nintendo DS so I couldn't play the new GTA game and then they all wanted to watch something about African detective women.

Tonight I think I'll insist on playing my PS3, drinking and watching Lost, Heroes and Stewart Lee.

That sounds incredibly reasonable. Nobody should be forced to watch the ice thing against their will, nobody, it's just not right.