Arrested Development Page 9

As the third season has gone on, I've been less than impressed. The whole 'Wee Britain' thing has not been to my taste really. They tell you not to let a visiting character take over the show and that's exactly what's happened with Rita. The rest of the characters have gone into the background and that's not why I watch the show.

I agree entirely. Although I think once those substandard Wee Britain episodes are out of the way, it really does roar back in style and manages to go out on a high.

I gotta say, I still loved it, Wee Britain 'n all.

:)

I take it people are watching it on other means than sky? I've still only seen season 1 and I'm hoping that 2&3 will be shown here.

I don't know of any repeats of this show at the moment. Is any channel showing it? I'd love to rewatch season one.

What a refreshingly funny comedy this is. I lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve it.

Quote: Leevil @ February 13, 2008, 12:26 PM

I gotta say, I still loved it, Wee Britain 'n all.

:)

Me too, I love the Wee Britain stuff. Yeah Season 3 is a slight drop in quality from Season 1 and 2 but come on, they are comic perfection. I still love Season 3. Just wish they didn't get the episode numbers cut down and they could've explored the Gob/Steve Holt storyline a bit more, that was interesting and could've been very funny.

Steve Holt! \o/

That's a good point about Rita "taking over" the show. It didn't really bother me though. I wonder if it was them getting a celebrity in to boost ratings as they joked about in the show.

I'd have loved them to explore the GOB/Steve Holt story more. George Michael's had hardly anything to do so far and Tobias' hair joke is wearing thin (no pun intended).

I think the guy saying what the father thinks has been good though.

BBC2 are starting to repeat this again from tonight (Thursday 13th) :) This week the first two episodes from series two back-to-back from 11:55pm.

I'd seriously advise people check it out its a really top series, the more you watch the funnier it is there are loads of running jokes which are brilliant.

Quote: Gavin @ March 13, 2008, 10:47 AM

There are loads of running jokes which are brilliant.

My favourite being the whole family's inability to impersonate a chicken.

For British Eyes onlyyyyyy.

Finished season three now. It felt a bit rushed at the end, trying to think what they did at the start and going back to it for the last episode. You would imagine the storylines wouldn't have gone that way if the series had continued.

I always thought the Maebe/film storyline was a bit pointless and also when Mitch wrote/co-wrote the episodes they seemed to really grasp what the show was about. Seemed to waver at times when others wrote it.

I also enjoy the commentaries on the Arrested Development DVD's. They get in pretty much the whole cast and seem to have a lot of fun watching the show again, and many of the actors are very funny in their own right.