Arrested Development Page 6

I am devastated.

The bravo showings are just series 1 then series 1 repeated. Not fair! Angry Angry Angry :( :(

Its strange what makes you laugh sometimes. I was in tears when Michael visited his blind girlfriend in the park with two coffees on a tray. He sits down and she waves to say hi knocking the tray and coffees over the back of the bench and they both carry on like nothing had happened. Its getting me going again. :)

I think that and the IT Crowd finale are the only times a sitcom has made me laugh out loud this week. :(

My fav character is GOB.
Without a doubt. He is fantastic. I fancy him too. Hmmm Hmmmmmm!

I didn't watch it until I heard about it on here. It's effing brilliant.

*Hums The Final Countdown*

I've been recording it, but haven't watched any yet. I really need to get a move on.

Wow, I really did misjudge this show the first time round. Watching it again online and it's really funny. Love it.

Yep, I watched the first episode when BBC2 first showed it and remember thinking, "Where are the jokes?". Watched it again online about a year later - one of the most brilliantly crafted shows ever, brimming with jokes!

Stupid "year ago" Lee!

Quote: Leevil @ September 2, 2007, 8:44 PM

Yep, I watched the first episode when BBC2 first showed it and remember thinking, "Where are the jokes?". Watched it again online about a year later - one of the most brilliantly crafted shows ever, brimming with jokes!

Stupid "year ago" Lee!

In ten years you'll be Ricky Gervais

This is one of my favourite comedies of all time, even if it isn't English. I love GOB and Tobius, absolutly brilliant characters. This show is one of only a handful of comedies I have come across that can actually make me cry laughing. The first time I saw Tobius' 'Fire Sale' audition in the first episode I fell about the room, and his charcter only gets better as the show goes on. The actors in this are all top notch and I think its success, for me, lies in its strongly defined characters. If only BBC2 had given it a proper airing at a decent time it would get the recognition it deserves.

Normally I would start a debate here but I have shit to do.

Does anyone know if series 2 is going to be on tv soon?

I've finished watching series 1 and can remember just one episode which wasn't that good. I'm not a big fan of the Anyon character but everything else has been great.

Is it true it might be/has been axed in the US? I think they've 'made a terrible mistake'.

Do BBC2 even own series two?

Ok, I'm now on to season 3 of Arrested Development (after being blown away by season 2), and it's seems like a big drop in quality. I'm not laughing half as much. They must've changed writers and it does explain why they cancelled it.

They knew it was going to be axed, so I think there was a lot of re-writing. There's even blatant references to it in one episode.