Arrested Development Page 2

I set my video for last nights double-bill, but it only recorded two minutes of the second episode.

Have given up following it on the BBC. Am gonna get the DVD's eventually.

I consider Arrested Development to be the best sitcom of this decade so far. For me its got one of the greatest casts ever assembled in a comedy series, and everybody gets their chance to shine on a regular basis. Each episode is brimming with so many sight gags and allusions to episodes past and future that it really does require repeat viewings. I just wish that season 3 would be released on DVD some time soon! Anyone know when that hallowed date may be?

Did the BBC ever get around to showing all of the 3rd series, or did they stop ebfore the last 4 episodes?

You can get series three on Region 1 DVD. That's what I did as I had a feeling it would take ages for it to get a Region 2 release and I had no intention of watching the BBC fart around with it.

I agree that Arrested Development has been one of the great sitcoms of recent years, but that third series was a very hit and miss affair. There were a couple of good episodes - especially when they were referencing their own demise as a show - but I think they ran out of steam.

Watched bits of Season Two on BBC2 some time but have watched all of Season One. When the young lad came in it I thought they've ruined it but they did get back on track.

Perhaps my favourite scene so far was where GOB was a stripper in a police uniform. He puts his radio down at a flat and shouts "Police" in a jocular nature, only to see half a dozen gun shots come through the door.

Anytime that GOB reacts in horror to Buster's missing hand.

Buster chasing a bird round the flat whilst Lucille is on the phone.

Quite simply the most impressive, funniest show I have ever seen.

(Thought this thread deserved to be bumped)

Another thing I love about this show is it's brilliant use of call-backs and even call-fowards to future jokes. Take for example the chair shaped as a hand that Buster has and he says "What would I ever do without my hand", doesn't mean too much at the time but then later on in the season he loses his real hand, so when you watch it back that line becomes very funny. I really think Arrested Development has the most repeat value of any sitcom I've ever seen in terms of background gags and meanings you miss out on first time round.

I agree, I've just finished my fourth time round and it's still fresh and f**king hilarious

I loved Tobias' blue hand prints all over the house. Laughing out loud I was laughing at that for ages after, that's the whole Blue Man group thing.

"I blue myself."

Fantastic.

Quote: Leevil @ July 21, 2007, 11:58 PM

I loved Tobias' blue hand prints all over the house. Laughing out loud I was laughing at that for ages after, that's the whole Blue Man group thing.

"I blue myself."

Fantastic.

Yeah Tobias is one of the best characters, he's probably my second favourite after Gob. I love it when Michael tells him to record himself speaking and listen to it back so he can see how the things he says sound like innuendo. And he does it listens to it back and after he's finished goes.."Oh Tobias...you blow-hard". :D

Pisses all over anything we or the Americans have produced for years. Just the funniest funniest show; and it got cancelled over there and barely shown over here. WTF.

GOB: Michael, a trick is something a hooker does for money (seeing little girl)...or CANDY

"Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

Haha, I love the Anal rapist joke.