Arrested Development Page 3

Analrapist joke was hilarious.
I still chuckle every time I remember the lawyer Bob Loblaw :D More specifically, his name :)

Yeah Bob Loblaw always makes me chuckle or even more so "Bob Loblaw's Law Blog". :D

Another bit I love,

George Michael: Don't you always say "family first"?
Michael: Yes, I do. But that is not a family. Okay? They're a bunch of greedy, selfish people who have our nose. And Aunt Lindsay.
George Michael: She's not my real aunt?
Michael: Not her real nose.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ July 29, 2007, 5:53 PM

"Bob Loblaw's Law Blog"

Laughing out loud

Also really rated Barry Zuckerkorn, particularly his self-homage where he went to comb his hair, only to find reflection perfection....

Franklin also made me laugh a lot. Added a new dimension to Gob

Narrator: In an effort to "hip" up his act, Gob had briefly introduced a puppet.
(Gob is acting as a black puppet named Franklin in front of the family)
Gob: (as Franklin) Can I tell you something, my man?
Gob: (as himself) Sure, Franklin.
Gob: (as Franklin) You are one cool
(bleep)
Gob: Speaking of mothers, let me give that oatmeal some brown sugar.
(the puppet 'kisses' Lucille)
George Sr.: Get off my wife, you bastard.
(strangles Franklin)
Gob: (as Franklin) What's the matter with you?
Gob: (in the present) Franklin said some things Whitey wasn't ready to hear.
Michael: Gob, weren't you also mercilessly beaten outside of a club in Torrance for that act?
Gob: He also said some things that African-American-y wasn't ready to hear either.

Quote: Aljado @ July 30, 2007, 12:53 PM

Also really rated Barry Zuckerkorn, particularly his self-homage where he went to comb his hair, only to find reflection perfection....

Never thought I could've enjoyed a "Happy Days" reference, but that one sure was good.

Don't watch too many ep's of this and then re-read your own script like I did. You feel like you're wasting your time even trying to write a sitcom. It's too good. There's too much in it. Even the background gags are character-led, how the f**k did they manage it.

It truly is one of the best sitcoms ever, that's why I find it so hard to believe Fox cancelled it...it just pisses me off.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ July 31, 2007, 11:19 AM

It truly is one of the best sitcoms ever, that's why I find it so hard to believe Fox cancelled it...it just pisses me off.

Blame people, not Fox. But then again you could blame them both. :D

Actually, you SHOULD blame FOX. They had an award-winning, new, original, unique, smart, clever show...but NEVER advertised it. NEVER. The only times I ever saw commercials for Arrested Developmet was when they would say, "coming up next" after The Simpsons.

If they had just put out more ads, it would've done better.

As much as I love it, I think they made a mistake with the young lad in series 1.

I have series 3 but have yet to watch it. Is Franklin in that much?

no, Franklin's not in more than a couple of episodes IIRC - He's an impact puppet.

What young lad, btw? Annyong (sp?) What mistake?

George Michael?

George Michael is the best character in the whole show.

Well, next to GOB. Still, Michael Cera is a hilarious kid. VERY talented.

George Michael was the reason I stuck with the show, GOB is the reason I go back.

Yeah George Michael is a fantastic character played brilliantly by Michael Cera, first actual kid in a comedy that I've liked and found funny, usually I just find them irritating. That goes for Ali Shawkat too who plays Maebe I think she's a great character that contrasts George Michael very well.

Gob is still the best character in it though.

Michael: You know, the feeling that you're feeling is just what many of us call... a "feeling".
Gob: It's not like envy, or even hungry.
Michael: Could it be love?
Gob: I know what an erection feels like, Michael.