Arrested Development Page 4

No, I love George Michael. I think Michael Cera is brilliant. I'm talking about the lad they adopt for a short time and who kept saying the same line. He got a little better when they gave him something different to say but I thought he was an error in judgement.

Annyong! - <-- Maybee that's the joke, lol

www.melaniec.it

Ha I think Annyong is great. You definitely need to watch Season 3 to appreciate his character.

Without being too obvious, I second the above post...

Annyong was incredible. Added such a strange mix to an already strange show.

Season three definitely makes him even more amazing.

"Ah, but where did the lighter fluid come from?"

youTube video of David Cross, on the subject of the show being cancelled

Link

Great news for those of you that have never seen the great wonders of Arrested Development the BBC are repeating it finally...wahey.

Starting on BBC Two next Monday night, starting right from the beginning. At 2:15am. Then it's on every night throughout the week, except Friday. It's on at stupid o'clock every night so you'll have to check the tv listings or put it on Sky Plus Series Link. But for those who haven't seen it, it's damn worth it.

"Arrested Devvelopment - Providing Entertainment For Insomniacs & Night Workers. Also People High On Dugs."

Quote: Martin Holmes @ August 3, 2007, 10:44 AM

Great news for those of you that have never seen the great wonders of Arrested Development the BBC are repeating it finally...wahey.

Starting on BBC Two next Monday night, starting right from the beginning. At 2:15am. Then it's on every night throughout the week, except Friday. It's on at stupid o'clock every night so you'll have to check the tv listings or put it on Sky Plus Series Link. But for those who haven't seen it, it's damn worth it.

Digital Channel: 'Bravo' are also showing it in the early hours of the morning.

Just to change direction slightly, why do people think this show never garnered the type of viewing figures it deserved? Is it all Fox's fault, or was there just something about the show that meant it was never destined to gel with large chunks of the populace? Because it did pretty badly over here as well, despite getting a decent time slot to begin with (Wednesday nights at ten to start with).

I think it was just one of those shows that doesn't connect with a lot of people. Mock documentary style shows never get huge viewing figures and always run the risk of confusing stupid viewers. And as tempting as it is to blame Fox for lousy scheduling and promotion, I'm not sure it would have helped that much. besides, by the time it was cancelled it was running out of steam and going round in circles, so maybe it ended at the best time?

No I really do blame Fox. Like Luke has said Fox never advertised it regardless of all the Golden Globes and Emmys and critical support it had. It was constantly messed around with, timeslots changing constantly, some weeks it would just be dropped and then picked back up in 3 weeks time. Season 2 was cut from 23 episodes to 18, then a few episodes into Season 3 they were told that it was cut from 18 episodes to 13. They had so much stuff to wrap up in that time that I'm amazed they still pulled it off so greatly. I don't think it was running out of steam but it was coming to the end of its storyline and if it was recommissioned it would need to take new directions.

But some storylines that had to be dropped because of Fox cutting the amount of episodes down could've been really good and led onto Season 4, like the Gob/Steve Holt relationship for a start, which they had to totally forget about in the end.

The BBC didn't treat it much better either, it wasn't advertised that much and had a few weeks at the same timeslot and then got messed around.

Was it ever on at 10pm to begin with? I may be wrong but I remember having to record it at 11.

To be fair if it had the slot Roman's Empire had, it would have done well. Wasteful.

Quote: chipolata @ August 7, 2007, 2:46 PM

Just to change direction slightly, why do people think this show never garnered the type of viewing figures it deserved?

I can't speak for America but in this country it could have done even better if it was properly scheduled. Just like Malcolm in the Middle and Seinfeld, AD got shunted about so much by the BBC that even dedicated fans ended up accidently missing a couple of the episodes (I know I did).