Arrested Development Page 7

Season 3 is really great I think, especially taking into consideration the fact that there were originally suppose to be 18/20 episodes and then a few episodes in it was cut to 13. So they had to drop a lot of storylines and wrap things up relatively quickly.

It's not as good as Season 1 and 2 I agree but it still has plenty of laughs for me. I know quite a few people who wasn't too keen on the "Wee Britain" storyline but I really enjoyed it.

me too, loved it, Mr.F!

Yes, it is odd the criticism Season 3 seems to get. Not exactly scathing, but more dismissive, and often from ardent fans of the show.

I invite anyone with such criticism to watch the first episode of that final thirteen. It's surely one of the best ever.

Best News Ever

From Movie Blog:

"Following on the heels of our just-published story on the quasi-reunion of Michael Cera and Jason Bateman in “Juno”, I wanted to put up some additional news on what might become an “Arrested Development” reunion for real.

“We would all love to get back together and maybe do something with the show in the future,” the former (and possibly future) Michael Bluth said during the interview, revealing that talks are still alive. “But I don’t know when — or how — that would happen.”

“Maybe it could be as a movie or something,” Bateman reasoned, saying that the emergence of “Superbad” star Cera — and improv comedies in general — have created a more welcoming environment for the dysfunctional clan. “We’ll see. We’ll let the adults figure it out.”

Since its cancellation in February 2006, “Development” has sold solidly on DVD. Stars like Will Arnett (”Blades of Glory”), Bateman (”The Kingdom”) and Tony Hale (”Because I Said So”) have graduated to movie careers, while Cera has shown the world what “AD” fans knew for years. “He’s so subtle and so skilled,” Bateman grinned. “He’s like a little marksmen.”

As such, the cast are still encouraged by ongoing industry attempts to bring “AD” back to life. But even if they end up on Showtime, HBO or a theater near you, Bateman doubts that series creator Mitchell Hurwitz and his team of writers would take advantage of their newfound freedoms. “We kind of liked being handcuffed a little bit,” he insisted.

“I know we had specific conversations about [continuing to bleep the bad language] in the event that the show went to Showtime,” Bateman said. “Would we eliminate the bleeps on the profanity? Across the board, everybody said, ‘No. You keep the bleeps in.’ It’s funnier. I don’t think we would go away from what it was, anymore than maybe some content here and there. But as far as the execution and the format, I think we’d probably stay pretty much the same.”

With any luck, “AD” fans will get some bleepin’ good news real soon."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1uGaICy8Po

Please let this happen.

Great news Mr Holmes!

Wow at that news. I'll definitely keep an eye/ear out for this but ressurecting something that feels concluded.... seems a bit uneasy. They can probably pull it off though.

Quote: Jordan @ December 22, 2007, 3:55 AM

Wow at that news. I'll definitely keep an eye/ear out for this but ressurecting something that feels concluded.... seems a bit uneasy. They can probably pull it off though.

I was thinking about that, but I just can't see how with a cast that great and a writing team so funny how they could fail. They could start totally new plots.

Is season 2 or 3 available on our tv yet?

Has anyone ever expressed their delight with this show before?

Christ yes and double Jesus. It may well be my favourite sit-com.

Yeah, but does anyone actually like it?

It's so-so.

No, I just post here for the sake of it. ;)

Quote: Stuart Laws @ January 4, 2008, 4:33 PM

Yeah, but does anyone actually like it?

Yeah, it's definitely my favourite sitcom from probably the past 7-8 years? Maybe more. The replay value is brilliant too, I'm still picking up on background gags that I never even noticed other times.

I've only ever seen a few episodes and i think the show is genius. I've just rented season one and once I've seen that, I'll get the other two too. Brilliant show!