Peep Show - Series 5 Page 2

I thought it was good. The second half was definitely a lot better than the first half.

And I think that Mitchell and Webb do contribute to the writing of Peep Show, although just how much it is, I don't know.

The gig that Lee and Herring did together, that Martin mentioned above, was funny though. It was a nice little dig at M&W. Do you think there was any genuine malice there?

Lee and Herring are playing on the same bill in a couple of weeks too, I wonder if they'll reunite at that...

If I have to f**k you to f**k her, I will.

Fantastic.

I don't know if it's because I understand comedy writing a bit more now, but I did like the structure of that episode a lot. There were some good callbacks. The megatron made me chortle.

I got properly annoyed with Jeremy. Stop trying to bond!

Dammit. I don't want to turn into Mark...

I watched about seven and a half minutes and whilst it was OK it didn't seem brilliant enoughto stop me turning over to watch Jonathan Ross.

Great opening episode, loved the rubbish none fight at the end. Im now going to go and pretend Im watching 'Heat'.

Quote: David Chapman @ May 3 2008, 12:16 AM BST

I watched about seven and a half minutes and whilst it was OK it didn't seem brilliant enoughto stop me turning over to watch Jonathan Ross.

Gwyneth Paltrow is actually quite nice. Who'd have thought!

It was ok. Nice to have a flat-based episode again, but despite a few decent lines it didn't sparkle quite like the first 3 series. It's still welcome back though.

Awesome show. Not just the best sitcom on at the moment but one of the best ever IMHO.

And I think Mark's at his best when he's single.

Definitely.

I saw some clips online, and it did have that Peep Show magic. I unfortunately live downunder I'll have to wait for a torrent or something to see it. I love it too much...I can't wait! :)

Quote: Winterlight @ May 2 2008, 11:34 PM BST

I thought it was good. The second half was definitely a lot better than the first half.

I agree. I was getting worried for a few minutes there. It had some chuckles but not that laugh out loud Peep Show moment until the second half.

"Oh my God. Are you fighting me?"

Loved that bit at the end.

"I'm his one."

Yeah, not bad. Liked the balls are baked potatoes line amongst others mentioned. Not totally LOL but better than a lot of other stuff currently, which isn't really saying much.

I also laughed at a Welshman getting a dart threw at his ass on shortly after Peep Show.

I enjoyed it, made me laugh a fair bit. I was nice that the majority of the episode happened in the flat, back to more Series 1 and 2 setting. Last series it was a bit 'Mark and Jez Go On Adventures' which sometimes took away from what Peep Show was about.

But yeah I liked the new episode, a nice start to the series. "Here mate go and see the second half, it's SHIT!". :)