Peep Show - Series 5

Nice to see Channel 4 show faith in quality as opposed to ratings. Whilst I believe viewing figures will pick up due to the exposure Mitchell & Webb have had recently, it will never be a massive viewer puller in the mould of say Only Fools. From a commercial perspective I expect Peep Show's audience lie in a quite a distinct demographic which is obviously appealing for target advertising. Anyway five cheers for channel 4. Anyone know when series 4 is airing ?

April 13th I think. I'm glad they've given this a long run, British comedies usually end after 2 series nowadays, so its good that this has been given a 4th and 5th series, hopefully it maintains the quality. I'm not sure I can look at Mitchell and Webb in the same way though after those poor Mac and PC adverts, but hey they dont write Peep Show so theres no reason it should be crap.

Wikipedia has it that they return on Fri, 13 April. (And don't forget to pre-order at Amazon. The DVD is set to be released on 5 November.)

I love Peep Show and M & W but don't like their sketch shows, if I'd seen them on Comic Relief and didn't know who they were, I would be turned off.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ March 21, 2007, 1:01 PM

April 13th I think. I'm glad they've given this a long run, British comedies usually end after 2 series nowadays, so its good that this has been given a 4th and 5th series, hopefully it maintains the quality. I'm not sure I can look at Mitchell and Webb in the same way though after those poor Mac and PC adverts, but hey they dont write Peep Show so theres no reason it should be crap.

I like lee and herring's piss take of those adverts. I suppose the accusation is M & W sold out, but would you refuse Apple's cash?????? I would. Corporate whores!

Quote: Leevil @ March 21, 2007, 1:07 PM

I love Peep Show and M & W but don't like their sketch shows, if I'd seen them on Comic Relief and didn't know who they were, I would be turned off.

might be as they wrote their sketch show, whereas peep show is written by the excellent armstrong and bain.

Good news this, and Im a fan of peep and their own stuff. Though Peep show is better!

Quote: Nick Rivers @ March 21, 2007, 1:19 PM

I like lee and herring's piss take of those adverts. I suppose the accusation is M & W sold out, but would you refuse Apple's cash?????? I would. Corporate whores!

As would I. But just because it's Apple. I would, however, do a corporate ad for the Nazi party. ;)

Yeah Lee & Herring's piss take is great..."It should have been us Stew doing those adverts, they probably got a free computer and..£500."

I think it's great that they're doing more series of Peep Show, although it's probably a fairly cynical move to try and cash in on the increasingly high profile M & W.

Does anyone have a link to Lee and Herring's piss take? It's passed me by so far but it sounds like it is worth watching.

Lee & Herring...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ih41uU17P_o Part 1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S24UJx0v9Og Part 2

Great news about the fifth series, and thanks for the links, watch and enjoyed.

It’s a good question he asks why aren’t Lee and Herring still on the tele?

In this age of PVR’s I also had to look up the Apple adverts on youtube too.

I'm not sure that they've actually had the ads on TV, have they?

Yeah, thanks for the L&H links Martin.

A reminder for everyone that the new series kicks off tonight, at 10:30pm on Channel 4.