Peep Show - Series 5 Page 10

I think I prefered series 4 of this because there was a better arc to the series, with everything building towards the disasterous wedding. This series, although making me laugh, seems to be treading water.

It'll be interesting to see where they go in the sixth series. They can probably get away with this rehashed material for this series, but I'd be very disappointed if they do it again for series six.

There was a D&D as a mega geek, I missed that, tell me more.

Quote: Griff @ May 19 2008, 2:08 PM BST

For example the twenty-quid-note wanking gag (which did make me laugh) wasn't a million miles away from the similar scene in series 1 (or 2 ?) with the Dungeons and Dragons magazine.

It was series 1. I laughed at the £20 note bit, but did feel as though it was just a rehash of the dungeons and dragons bit.

Another 'new' episode, more recycled jokes/scenarios. If I wasn't interested in the genre from a professional p.o.v, I wouldn't make any effort to watch it.

Still funny in parts, mind.

I did find the "Jeff's told a joke! Jeff's told a joke!" bit very funny, though.

I think chip's right about series six: it would be nice if they had something to work towards at the end. (ie the birth of Mark/Jeremy's kid that was a result of some wanking accident or something less icky)

Dan

Quote: chipolata @ May 19 2008, 2:25 PM BST

I did find the "Jeff's told a joke! Jeff's told a joke!" bit very funny, though.

I'd forgotten that! Laughing out loud

Where do well stand on the Mark/Sophie thing? The last episode seemed to imply Mark was still interested.

Did it?
I didn't notice.
Sophie can pee off in my opinion.

I want her to stay drunk and a mess in toilet. She's funnier that way.

Quote: Mexter @ May 19 2008, 8:08 PM BST

Where do well stand on the Mark/Sophie thing? The last episode seemed to imply Mark was still interested.

Well as Mark thinks that every date he has "could be the one" it's hardly surprising?! If she's female and says hello to him I think he would be interested?

Mark just doesn't like to intentionally offend or rock the boat with most people. Hence treading on eggshells around Sophie. I don't think he still likes her. I would be disappointed if he ended up back with her, to be honest.

Mark's an opportunist horn dog.

He'd knob Sophie in the same way he'd knob anything with ovaries.

But would he? He's a bit of a ditherer. Smooth techniques on Toni, using WWII knowledge!

Quote: sootyj @ May 19 2008, 11:13 PM BST

Mark's an opportunist horn dog.

He'd knob Sophie in the same way he'd knob anything with ovaries.

Is this MarkoftheBSG or MarkoutofPeepShow? ;)

Whheeyy, look, 100 posts in 6 hours and 21 minutes! :D