Peep Show - Series 5 Page 15

Are my legs on fire?

Yeah, that was hilarious. I remember a particulary vivid hallucination I had, years ago. I'd only been smoking a spliff, but it was probably the strongest one I've ever had. I was sitting on a wall at the top of a quiet, deserted road, with a mate, and I saw, what looked like little men, wearing black waistcoats, over white shirts, appearing, and disappearing, behind a bin bag filled with rubbish, which someone had left out, for the binmen to collect. I rubbed my eyes, but the little fellas stayed there. Then a couple of minutes later, I realised the hallucination had been caused by a combination of the bin bag, being blown gently, by the wind, and a black and white cat, which suddenly jumed out, from behind the bag, and ran off, oh, and me being so high, of course.

"Why doesn't Jeremy want him to be his dad? I want him to be my dad, I want to sit on his knee" LOL!

Quote: catskillz @ May 24 2008, 2:33 AM BST

Yeah, that was hilarious. I remember a particulary vivid hallucination I had, years ago. I'd only been smoking a spliff, but it was probably the strongest one I've ever had. I was sitting on a wall at the top of a quiet, deserted road, with a mate, and I saw, what looked like little men, wearing black waistcoats, over white shirts, appearing, and disappearing, behind a bin bag filled with rubbish, which someone had left out, for the binmen to collect. I rubbed my eyes, but the little fellas stayed there. Then a couple of minutes later, I realised the hallucination had been caused by a combination of the bin bag, being blown gently, by the wind, and a black and white cat, which suddenly jumed out, from behind the bag, and ran off, oh, and me being so high, of course.

F**king hell where did you get that stuff? I need an address :P

Quote: Seefacts @ May 24 2008, 12:33 AM BST

I never like it when other writer's come in. The episode was good, but it's just not the same.

I agree... it was good but I didn't laugh as much as the past episodes of this season. Not my favourite. It had alot of jokes that should have been funny, but somehow weren't quite... Also Jeremy seemed a little extreme... he's never been that much of a dick before.

Was some funny bits though... "How many black babies did you kill?"

Does anyone else agree that Series 4 was pretty poor, compared to the others, including this latest one?

Quote: Seefacts @ May 24 2008, 12:33 AM BST

I never like it when other writer's come in. The episode was good, but it's just not the same.

I agree with this as well.

Jeremy's character didn't seem the same and there appeared to be a slight over reliance on bad language. Obviously that's always been a part of the show and there's nothing wrong with that but last night's ep had a massive amount of it at the expense of subtlety. It was still excellent compared with most other shows though.

Quote: ian_w @ May 24 2008, 2:55 AM BST

"Why doesn't Jeremy want him to be his dad? I want him to be my dad, I want to sit on his knee" LOL!

Ha, I loved that line. Nice delivery to.

Best episode of this series so far, imo. Like old-style Peep Show episodes. Loved it.

"What do you say, we make these wines Irish?" -- best line. Laughed a LOT :)

Dan

Quote: catskillz @ May 24 2008, 8:09 AM BST

Does anyone else agree that Series 4 was pretty poor, compared to the others, including this latest one?

Nope, every series has been great. Ive noticed theres been a lot of negativaty creeping into this thread about Peep Show, which I find odd; its still the best British sitcom on the box. Are people so used to it being brilliant that they now criticise every little thing that they dont find unquestionably genius?

It is a sitcom message board, full of sitcom geeks.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 24 2008, 11:47 AM BST

Are people so used to it being brilliant that they now criticise every little thing that they dont find unquestionably genius?

I can't believe you even need to ask.

Quote: Leevil @ May 24 2008, 11:50 AM BST

It is a sitcom forum, full of sitcom geeks.

Full of picky, never happy, grumpy little turds. Into which i include myself at times. But seriously, they actually put something great on TV and it gets kicked about like a retarded puppy! Enjoy a quality comedy people!

Quote: Aaron @ May 24 2008, 11:52 AM BST

I can't believe you even need to ask.

I know, but it does get my goat at times. My goats name is Simon. He likes Peep show as well. And cheese.

Does he eat cans as well?

Quote: Leevil @ May 24 2008, 11:54 AM BST

Does he eat cans as well?

Cans full of cheese. Cheese cans. They shred his goat innards and cause him to shit blood, like a goaty blood fountain. Stupid goat.

Is it goats cheese by any chance?

Quote: Leevil @ May 24 2008, 11:59 AM BST

Is it goats cheese by any chance?

That would be cannibalism, or at the very least incest.