CHRISTMAS! Page 42

Quote: zooo @ 4th December 2013, 12:09 AM GMT

Hurrah!
I have two advent calendars.

I bet one of them is lego (which reminds me I need to post some lego).

I have started my tradition of watching a Christmas movie every day in December, 3 days in and I have watched Nativity, Muppets Letters from Santa and last night Flint Street Nativity. Think I might have to go classic tonight with White Christmas \ Holiday Inn \ Wonderful Life.

D

Quote: dannyjb1 @ 4th December 2013, 9:31 AM GMT

I bet one of them is lego

Yep!

I have started my tradition of watching a Christmas movie every day in December, 3 days in and I have watched Nativity, Muppets Letters from Santa and last night Flint Street Nativity. Think I might have to go classic tonight with White Christmas \ Holiday Inn \ Wonderful Life.

I don't have enough Christmas films for that. But I should start watching them. First, Charlie Brown!

Three weeks today...

Quote: Ben @ 4th December 2013, 9:54 PM GMT

Three weeks today...

Eppp. Still no idea what to get anyone, as usual. Around mid November every year I think it would be a nice idea to make everyone biscuits or something edible for a gift. Then I remember I can't cook any of those things well enough to give to other people.

Quote: reds @ 5th December 2013, 11:07 AM GMT

Eppp. Still no idea what to get anyone, as usual. Around mid November every year I think it would be a nice idea to make everyone biscuits or something edible for a gift. Then I remember I can't cook any of those things well enough to give to other people.

Fudge. Fudge is fool-proof to make but looks impressive. You don't need a thermometer or anything fancy, there are lots of great fudge recipes that take ten minutes to make.

I have made some and wrapped it in cellophane with a bit of sparkly ribbon. People love it.

My favourite recipe is Sohphie Dahl's peanut butter fudge recipe - http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/peanutbutterfudge_93630

So easy, and so good.

I am feeling smug as I wrote my Christmas cards last night. It is always this time of year that I wish I had an address book.

Peanut butter fudge! Yum!

MAKE AND SEND ME SOME NOW.

Well, this is the cutest thing ever:

John Lewis are going to send her a present when they find out who she is.

Teary

The little drawing looks like someone knitting a crow.

She's 28 and lives in Milton Keynes.

:D

For everyone who likes advent calendars, do you prefer the days set out one after the other, or all scattered around so you have to hunt them?

Quote: Ben @ 5th December 2013, 10:22 PM GMT

Peanut butter fudge! Yum!

MAKE AND SEND ME SOME NOW.

Of course. :D

I love feeding people. If I add chocolate to it, it tastes like the inside of a Snickers - but better.

I've made some for work today, but bit concerned I have cut the pieces too big - brownie sized chunks are probably a bit much for pure lumps of sugar.

Quote: Nogget @ 6th December 2013, 9:32 AM GMT

For everyone who likes advent calendars, do you prefer the days set out one after the other, or all scattered around so you have to hunt them?

Scattered! Half the fun is trying to find the number. It is always the last number you find, and just as you convince yourself that there has been a mistake and the stupid advent calendar company has missed off the number 17...there it is.

I have a non-chocolate one this year due to being on a diet. :(

My mum has bought me a chocolate one for when I come off it though. :D

If my office is stuffy will buying an Advent calendar help.

Weird for an entirely nonChristmasy grinch, I'm writing a couple of Christmas party speeches and a couple of round robin letters for offices
I'm even more out of my depth, then when being asked to write about the menopause.

Definitely scattered. I wouldn't get one that had them all in order.

Quote: sootyj @ 6th December 2013, 10:28 AM GMT

If my office is stuffy will buying an Advent calendar help.

Weird for an entirely nonChristmasy grinch, I'm writing a couple of Christmas party speeches and a couple of round robin letters for offices
I'm even more out of my depth, then when being asked to write about the menopause.

Maybe your heart will grow three sizes...