CHRISTMAS! Page 40

Quote: Pingl @ December 1 2012, 12:49 AM GMT

In my opinion most people secretly prefer money, they can get what they want then, unless its for young kids then money is always welcome :)

I always remember swallowing a sixpence at my grans that she had stuck in the Christmas pud. Do people still put money in puds?

You used to get one in Hallowe'en cakes along with things like a tiny china doll, a thimble and 2 other things I can't remember - always a total of five things, till some bloody Health and Safety person must have decided it was dangerous and stopped it.

New Christmas radio times cover features Raymond Brigg's the snowman

How original.

I got my elderly nan a water and impact resistant halogen spotlight for Christmas today.

Does she make a habit of throwing household objects and water at her lights?

Quote: chipolata @ December 11 2012, 10:27 PM GMT

I got my elderly nan a water and impact resistant halogen spotlight for Christmas today.

Are you going to interrogate her?

Quote: zooo @ December 11 2012, 10:39 PM GMT

Does she make a habit of throwing household objects and water at her lights?

No, but she's very old and keeps dropping things. Although if she drops this she'll have a broken foot.

Quote: Pingl @ December 11 2012, 10:40 PM GMT

Are you going to interrogate her?

I already know everything. ;)

I've just realised this is my first ever Christmas minus any nannas

:(

I might buy myself a new one

I like Christmas up to Christmas Day afternoon and then the whole world turns exceptionally dull for a week.

Quote: Ben @ December 11 2012, 10:51 PM GMT

I like Christmas up to Christmas Day afternoon and then the whole world turns exceptionally dull for a week.

Ditto (but substitute '3 months' for 'week')

So, the countdown is on.

I am currently trying to decide my Christmas Card strategy. To do work people or not? If I do one, I have to do all of them - which is at least 20 odd. Decisions decisions.

Has anyone got any decent Christmas cake recipes? I have decided to make my parents one this year, but I won't be back home until 20th December, so it needs to be one that can be made fairly quickly.

Quote: Jennie @ 3rd December 2013, 12:41 AM GMT

I am currently trying to decide my Christmas Card strategy. To do work people or not? If I do one, I have to do all of them - which is at least 20 odd. Decisions decisions.

Tell them you're giving to charity instead of cards.

And then don't give.

Win Win.

Ahh, Christmas thread.

I would wait until the last day to see who gave me a card, then just give one back to them. Or not bother at all!

I've made the Lorraine Pascale Christmas cake the last 2 years. It is yummy.

Ben needs to do a bit more online shopping tonight. Hopefully won't get in a massive rush like I usually do.