CHRISTMAS! Page 39

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but that Waitrose Christmas advert is terrible. Delia Smith and Heston Blumenthal in an empty warehouse?

The Christmas spirit is upon us. Witnessed, today, a near punch-up between 2 people over their place in the queue to pay for petrol.

Merry December, one and all.

Quote: chipolata @ November 30 2012, 10:31 AM GMT

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but that Waitrose Christmas advert is terrible. Delia Smith and Heston Blumenthal in an empty warehouse?

The Morrisons one is even worse.
Bleaker than Misfits.

Quote: chipolata @ November 30 2012, 10:31 AM GMT

Quick, nail the f**kin' door closed.

And, re Christmas, piss off !

Been a bit 'bah humbug' about Christmas this year, haven't even thought about presents. I might just give everyone cash. At least I know they'll get some use out of it.

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 1 2012, 12:27 AM GMT

And, re Christmas, piss off !

Pff, you piss off! This is the Christmas thread, if you don't like it, don't read it. Cool

Quote: AngieBaby @ December 1 2012, 12:29 AM GMT

Been a bit 'bah humbug' about Christmas this year, haven't even thought about presents. I might just give everyone cash. At least I know they'll get some use out of it.

Cash is gooood.

Quote: zooo @ December 1 2012, 12:30 AM GMT

Pff, you piss off! This is the Christmas thread, if you don't like it, don't read it. Cool

Oooh! Bit of post Leveson self regulation eh ?

With knobs on!

Quote: AngieBaby @ December 1 2012, 12:29 AM GMT

And they'll know how much you think of them . .

My three year old is really excited about Christmas, first year he's really understood. Keeps asking for Hulk Hands. The older ones act blase, but I don't believe them.

D'aw.

Quote: zooo @ December 1 2012, 12:33 AM GMT

With knobs on said Shami Chakrabarti!

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 1 2012, 12:34 AM GMT

And they'll know how much you think of them . .

What's wrong with being pragmatic?

I'm thinking particularly about family members who now have kids of their own now. Why buy them a gift they don't need, when I could give themmoney and they can buy what they want?

It makes sense, but I do feel a bit bit mean about it, but if it means I don't have to go to Lakeside it's appealing. I'd put the cash in a nice envelope. Or is it just a bad idea? Oh, God I don't know what to do..

Quote: AngieBaby @ December 1 2012, 12:43 AM GMT

I'm thinking particularly about family members who now have kids of their own now. Why buy them a gift they don't need, when I could give themmoney and they can buy what they want?

It makes sense, but I do feel a bit bit mean about it, but if it means I don't have to go to Lakeside it's appealing. I'd put the cash in a nice envelope. Or is it just a bad idea? Oh, God I don't know what to do..

A nice shiny silver 5p should do it.

God knows, when I was five a shilling meant something !

Quote: AngieBaby @ December 1 2012, 12:43 AM GMT

In my opinion most people secretly prefer money, they can get what they want then, unless its for young kids then money is always welcome :)

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 1 2012, 12:46 AM GMT

A nice shiny silver 5p should do it.

God knows, when I was five a shilling meant something !

I always remember swallowing a sixpence at my grans that she had stuck in the Christmas pud. Do people still put money in puds?