I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,257

Quote: lofthouse @ July 28 2013, 9:34 PM BST

Yes

That's what people did when kids told people what he'd done to them

Instead of telling the police they just went

Rolling eyes

Yeah, I just wouldn't accuse SootyJ of being complicit in it because he made a light hearted comment about Savile's handwriting on a comedy site. But that's just me!

Quote: Ben @ July 28 2013, 7:04 PM BST

More importantly, what did he fix for you, Jennie?

He fixed it for me to be an auctioneer.

From the age of 5, I had semi-stalked Jim with bi-monthly letters, suggesting all kinds of interesting ideas.

I suggested he fixed it for me to be a one man band.
I suggested he fixed it for me to become Winnie the Pooh's best friend.

None of these ideas were successful. Eventually, my dad identified that I just wanted to be on TV. We tried to think of a boring idea they hadn't done for a while..and the auctioneer letter was born.

I ended up doing an auction at a charity gala in front of Prince Edward. I got a big pink dress made for me and felt like a princess.

I also remember having quite a large crush on the camera man, because he was nice to me and made me laugh. He was also pushing 50. I was 7. I still have a thing for older men.

Is there still usually a 43 year age difference?

Quote: Jennie @ July 28 2013, 10:42 PM BST

I also remember having quite a large crush on the camera man, because he was nice to me and made me laugh. He was also pushing 50. I was 7. I still have a thing for older men.

In context this is all kinds of wrong.

Hmm. If a seven year old tries it on with a 50 year old, should the seven year old be arrested for inverse-paedophilia?

Quote: Jennie @ July 28 2013, 10:42 PM BST

Eventually, my dad identified that I just wanted to be on TV. We tried to think of a boring idea they hadn't done for a while..and the auctioneer letter was born.

Laughing out loud
I bet that's how most of the letters they received came about.

I ended up doing an auction at a charity gala in front of Prince Edward. I got a big pink dress made for me and felt like a princess.

I also remember having quite a large crush on the camera man, because he was nice to me and made me laugh.

Aww.

Quote: Tursiops @ July 28 2013, 11:00 PM BST

In context this is all kinds of wrong.

Calm down kids, it was all very innocent.

Quote: lofthouse @ July 28 2013, 12:00 PM BST

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/jimmy-savile-celeb-arrests-could-2097740

Hopefully a few other nonces are having sleepless nights after that little discovery

Still

They probably get a about 15 months like Hall

The vile register,/../ a disgusting ratings system /.../ "The wall looked like something straight out of a horror movie. /.../it's a shocking discovery."/.../Savile was part of a larger group of monsters./...//.../ some kind of secret HQ to plan his vile acts.
/.../depraved/...

I didn't realise Savile was a vile, disgusting, shocking monster. Thanks The Mirror, I'd never have worked it out for myself.

I can't believe we're still talking about Jimmy. I'm Savilled out.

It's like a paedo version of 7.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/jul/29/prefer-women-dont-shave-pubic-hair

:O

Laughing out loud

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 29 2013, 11:22 AM BST

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/jul/29/prefer-women-dont-shave-pubic-hair

:O

Laughing out loud

If Russell Howard will ever write a sitcom this will be its title: "Back, Sack and Crack"

Quote: chipolata @ July 29 2013, 11:06 AM BST

I can't believe we're still talking about Jimmy. I'm Savilled out.

Any excuse to list as many words like 'vile' and 'disgusting,' as possible.

Jimmy Sa-vile.

You've certainly got us figured out...!