The IT Crowd 3.0 Page 8

Quote: zooo @ November 23 2008, 2:54 AM GMT

Didn't they want T shirt ideas for this series?

Yup. And set dressing.

Quote: zooo @ November 23 2008, 2:54 AM GMT

I liked Roy's Venn diagram one this week, well, except I couldn't read the all important middle bit. :(

Quote: zooo @ November 23 2008, 3:03 AM GMT

Also, did this series have a studio audience?

Yup. :)

Wow!

Excellent shirt!!!!

Where the f**k did you find that?

On Linehan's blog, heheh.

And with a bit of crafty Googling: http://store.dieselsweeties.com/products/elitism

I gave up after Series 1. I guess I need to track down the second year and give it another chance.

Quote: zooo @ November 23 2008, 3:03 AM GMT

Sounds... interesting.
Was his hair blowing in the wind?

Well, he wasn't really out on the ocean - the photo was set up in a studio. If you ever come accross the Parliament album called Motor Booty Affair, the picture is inside.

Quote: DaButt @ November 23 2008, 3:29 AM GMT

I gave up after Series 1. I guess I need to track down the second year and give it another chance.

I think it's generally thought that it took a step up in the second series. Though I personally didn't see anything wrong woth series 1!

I gave up after series one. I thought it was pretty dire. Gave it another chance with the third series though and was actually quite funny!

Will never be as good as Garth Marenghi's Darkplace though.

Quote: Tom G @ November 23 2008, 11:50 AM GMT

Will never be as good as Garth Marenghi's Darkplace though.

Huh? That's like saying it'll never be as good as Spinal Tap. The two are unrelated; Linehan didn't write Darkplace, it just so happens that some of the actors appeared in both shows.

I'm suprised (but pleased) to hear everyone enjoyed the new episode so much. You see, I didn't think that much of it. It was a bit 'clunky' IMHO.

Next week's episode (Roy and Moss going to the football) is being described in some previews as the best episode yet across all three series.

Quote: Mark @ November 23 2008, 1:15 PM GMT

I'm suprised (but pleased) to hear everyone enjoyed the new episode so much. You see, I didn't think that much of it. It was a bit 'clunky' IMHO.

I'd agree that it didn't all seem to flow that well, but it was full of funny bits so I let it pass!

Congratulations to prize arseholes Garry Bushell and Kevin O'Sullivan - BOTH of whom slated it by using the same gag - Sh-IT Crowd AND managed to both show themselves to be uneducated morons by suggesting it had CANNED laughter.

As telly critics, you'd have thought either would have the faintest grasp on how TV sitcom works. Bushell, in the same page, called Timmy Mallet 'the man with most punchable face on telly.' Irony is another thing Bushell doesn't seem to grasp.

Reading a bad review of a good show, well that's life, but seeing it done in such a hacky way by two blokes who's only talents are being a witlss xenophobe, and the other by appearing on every talking head show ever created - well, that's something else.

Laughing out loud Feckless tossers, the both of them.

Quote: Aaron @ November 23 2008, 5:02 PM GMT

Laughing out loud Feckless tossers, the both of them.

I'm going to leave Linehan a positive, gushing comment on his blog like a fanboy now.

Aw!
Tell us what you write.

Quote: zooo @ November 23 2008, 5:05 PM GMT

Aw!
Tell us what you write.

This:

Both The Mirror AND The Star said The IT Crowd had 'canned laughter'.

I shouldn't be surprised that journalists at these papers are completely stupid, but as TV critics surely they should have just a small grasp on how the TV industry operates?!

Anyway, first episode was pretty bloody good - had loads of your usual brilliance in Graham.