The IT Crowd 3.0 Page 4

I can't see how anybody can criticise Linehan anyway, as I've seen four of his sitcoms (Father Ted, Hippies, Black Books and The IT Crowd) and they've all been really good. But I haven't read the site, but I reckon that Lineham has every right to block accounts for unintellegent criticism. If the criticism is 'Linehan your a f**king muppet who is shit and needs to put a screwdriver up your arse and shag your Mum' then he is right to block accounts, but if it isn't like that and the criticism is subtle, then he should really allow a bit of opposition. A mate of mine, who is a bitter Oldham Athletic fan, joined Wigan Athletic's forum and called them all 'Wankers' and all that and quite rightly got banned from the site. Now joining websites to give unsubtle abuse at people is wrong and should be classed as spam, I don't like Liverpool FC, yet I wouldn't join the Liverpool forum and give them a load of abuse.

Anyway, very excited about tonight's episode, titled Hell, like the classic caravan episode of Father Ted.

Quote: Jack Massey @ November 21 2008, 7:26 PM GMT

I can't see how anybody can criticise Linehan anyway, as I've seen four of his sitcoms (Father Ted, Hippies, Black Books and The IT Crowd) and they've all been really good.

Yeah, but it's all down to personal perception, innit? I didn't think much of The IT Crowd until I'd worked in an office for a year. Now I love it.

There isn't really a Maurice Moss in my office, mores the pity.

Anyway - it's on tonight and I can't wait!

Agreed.

10pm, Channel 4, in case anyone's forgotten!

I think a lot of crit on his site was actually quite considered and respectful (I know he had a run in with the CaB lot)

I think the last few years in comedy writing world are quite interesting, as we're the first generation to have instant reviews and criticisms and, equally, are able to respond to the audiences via the internet.

Anyway, back to topic - I can't wait either, both series have thrown up classic moments.

Yay!

Liked it! Wasn't laugh-a-minute, but a good start to the new series. :)

I do love Moss. :) I could watch him all day.

Yep, good start; didn't feel like it was firing on all cylinders, but very good still.

"I've got a mother flipping gun!"

Yippee! Glad it's back. Lots of loud out loud moments for me but not the strongest episode.

Loads of Linehan brilliance.

"Your cavalier attitude!"
(Cut to him dancing)

"From you loving father, Mr Renholm"

And Hitler peeping round the door.

I thought the second half was more enjoyable than the first. But still great to have it back.

I liked the ear ringing effect they put on after that gun shot too.

Very good to have it back and was very funny, yet not left with the same amount of optomism for the first night of series one (the first two episodes were shown that night) and not left with the same optomism of that great theatre episode that started the second series. Still though, very funny and still unmissable. Loved the flashback to the old 01189998819991197253 telephone number for the emergency services from the series 1 episode 'Calamity Jen'