The IT Crowd 3.0 Page 3

I'm really looking forward to the return of this show.
I think it's great.

I love The IT Crowd, I have only seen the 1st series on IFC. I like Noel Fielding's character Richmond, he is very strange although it's a minor role. Does he come back in series 2? I hope IFC keeps running the show here.

Quote: oroboross @ November 14 2008, 6:24 PM GMT

I like Noel Fielding's character Richmond, he is very strange although it's a minor role. Does he come back in series 2?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_it_crowd/episodes/2/1/ etc. :)

Well it looks like I have seen the 1st episode of series 2 and that answers my question, thanks bubba.

There are two progs I've been patiently waiting for new series runs in a loooong time. Saxondale and The IT Crowd.

So I'm delighted to learn of IT Crowd S3!!!!! ... Pure class in a cheezy filter (if you can't see through it, you can't see it at all)

Now, onto Saxondale.

... C'mon Tommy, I'm starved of roadie talk!

I have now seen some ads for the new series. That is all.

From Graham Linehans Blog:

"Anyone who wants to start being nasty about me or the actors or the show, this is not the place. There are several sites out there where you can get your hate on and no-one will just instantly mark your comment as spam. And best of luck with getting that script commissioned!"

Hm, wonder which sites he was talking about! :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 21 2008, 6:12 PM GMT

From Graham Linehans Blog:

"Anyone who wants to start being nasty about me or the actors or the show, this is not the place. There are several sites out there where you can get your hate on and no-one will just instantly mark your comment as spam. And best of luck with getting that script commissioned!"

Hm, wonder which sites he was talking about! :D

Former critic Linehan has always not tolerated negativity of his shows posted on his site.

Quote: Seefacts @ November 21 2008, 6:14 PM GMT

Former critic Linehan has always not tolerated negativity of his shows posted on his site.

Well, why should he? It's his site, if I had my own site and a load of people were leaving messages about how shit I was then I might get peeved too! Though of course he's not, he's a comedy genius.

As much as I love Linehan, didn't like that comment very much.
No matter what you do or how great you are at it you're going to get critics, that's life. Not everyone's going to kiss your arse. No need to get quite so riled over it.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 21 2008, 6:15 PM GMT

Well, why should he? It's his site, if I had my own site and a load of people were leaving messages about how shit I was then I might get peeved too! Though of course he's not, he's a comedy genius.

No, but he caused a lot of fuss when he only allowed nice stuff to be said about his work and how upsetting it was to get negative crit.

Former critic Linehan (and someone who IS a certifiable comedy genius by the way) should be able to take the rough with the smooth. As he would have dished out crit as a journalist, he must understand how the media works.

Quote: Moonstone @ November 21 2008, 6:19 PM GMT

As much as I love Linehan, didn't like that comment very much.
No matter what you do or how great you are at it you're going to get critics, that's life. Not everyone's going to kiss your arse. No need to get quite so riled over it.

It's his site!! Why would he want a load of nobodys slagging him off?! That's not what his site is for! Why do people find this notion so odd?

Quote: Seefacts @ November 21 2008, 6:20 PM GMT

Former critic Linehan (and someone who IS a certifiable comedy genius by the way) should be able to take the rough with the smooth. As he would have dished out crit as a journalist, he must understand how the media works.

But it's not the media criting, it's dickheads like me who watch an episode, think 'that was rubbish', then leave him a message saying so. That's what a site like this is for, not his blog.

But he's fine with the same 'dickheads' telling him 'it was like well funny', or something?

Quote: Moonstone @ November 21 2008, 6:32 PM GMT

But he's fine with the same 'dickheads' telling him 'it was like well funny', or something?

Well, yes; wouldn't you be? His blog, on which he posts silly things and keeps us updated on his shows, is clearly not the place for people to post messages rubbishing him. Why is this a difficult concept? Like he says, there are sites like this that exist for that very purpose; it's not why his site exists.

Jeez, you put up a funny little comment that's been made about sites like this and you end up in a bloody debate.

Ladies! Calm! I agree that Linehan should be able to take criticism - and I'm sure he can. But I equally agree that his site is not the place for it. The majority of readers are going to be fans of his and his work, so any negative comments are only going to spark off huge arguments. It happens here often enough, and this is a general comedy site, not specific to one show or talent!

And Matthew, thanks for posting the original quote. :)