The IT Crowd 3.0 Page 11

Quote: Aaron @ November 25 2008, 9:14 AM GMT

It just makes you look like a tramp.

No, sucking off strangers for spare change makes me look like a tramp.

Well that doesn't help, no.

Quote: Aaron @ November 25 2008, 9:26 AM GMT

Well that doesn't help, no.

You didn't complain at the time. Though as I recall, you did comment on how the stubble chafed. Then ran off without paying.

Anyway, well done to the show for its Emmy win.

I liked last weeks episode. Plenty of laugh out loud moments for me.

The only criticism I had was that perhaps they had too many different plots going on at once. Didn't seem as though each plot got the focus it could have done.

I laughed out very loud at the ending. Did remind me of the ending from Episode 1, Series 1 of Peep Show though. The one where Mark runs screaming towards children whilst waving a metal bar.

I see the show won an Emmy. Well done!

Was the American version of the series ever made?

I think 6 episodes were made but never shown. I actually managed to get hold of the pilot script.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ November 25 2008, 8:11 PM GMT

I think 6 episodes were made but never shown. I actually managed to get hold of the pilot script.

Were they made? I know at least one, maybe two pilots had been shot, but I didn't realise they might have shot a few episodes.

Actually, Matthew, I think you're right. It says on wikipedia (good source?) that there were 5 episodes, 4 of which were unproduced.

Quote: Ben @ November 25 2008, 5:52 PM GMT

The only criticism I had was that perhaps they had too many different plots going on at once. Didn't seem as though each plot got the focus it could have done.

I think that's because no one or two plots would be strong enough for a half hour show. Loads of ideas flowing but so what. It's still very funny.

Quote: Aaron @ November 24 2008, 11:30 PM GMT

Hey Godot, you coming to the meet on Saturday? Even by surprise?

It's 50/50. You can put me on both lists like the boy, Stott. Although I'd rather not be on the list.

Quick question. I can't seem to find it, but there was a link to an online store where you could get a shirt that Roy wore in the show. Does anyone have the link? Thanks.

http://store.dieselsweeties.com/products/elitism

Cheers, Aaron, but I'm sure there was another one. All I can remember was that the background was light brown.

Ah yes. A slice of cake with a single candle on it.

Quote: David Chapman @ November 25 2008, 11:56 PM GMT

I think that's because no one or two plots would be strong enough for a half hour show. Loads of ideas flowing but so what. It's still very funny.

I disagree, David. Plenty of 1/2 hour sitcoms can sustain 1 or 2 plots. Not that there's anything wrong with more plots in a storyline, but I like to seem them held together. The 'GAY' episode from series 2 had several plots going on, but they were all vaguely linked together and took place in the same location.

I still found last weeks episode funny and I look forward to the next one.