The IT Crowd 3.0 Page 15

Yes it's hugely over-rated but we all love it. So ner.

:D

Quote: Gregor Shamsa @ December 3 2008, 3:55 PM GMT

The last episode was by far the best I've seen of what is, in truth, a mediocre sitcom.

Probably going against the grain on this forum but The IT Crowd is hugely overrated.

The first series isn't overrated. Every episode is almost perfect except for #6 'Aunt Irma visits', which is a bit flabby and blunt-edged - a lot like most of the eps from series two (except 'works outing').

Series three hasn't started that propitiously though.

Now get back under the bed, you black bastard.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 3 2008, 4:42 PM GMT

The first series isn't overrated. Every episode is almost perfect except for #6 'Aunt Irma visits', which is a bit flabby and blunt-edged - a lot like most of the eps from series two (except 'works outing').

Series three hasn't started that propitiously though.

Now get back under the bed, you black bastard.

I think the first series is the weakest. I enjoyed series two and it's been improving ever since. Linehan virtually admitted as much on Screenwipe when he said he thought it had got better.

Enough to be lauded as a great sitcom though?

The first series is much better than the second. It has tighter writing, less obvious jokes, less mugging from the actors and is truer to the concept of a show set in an office block and an IT department - ie they actually fix computers and do office related things.

Linehan may or may not believe that series 2 is actually better. I think it's worth remarking that most people like their more recent projects the most and indeed have had less exposure to them. On the DVD comentaries of series one Linehan mentions several times how over-exposed he is to the material.

Quote: Gregor Shamsa @ December 3 2008, 3:55 PM GMT

The last episode was by far the best I've seen of what is, in truth, a mediocre sitcom.

Probably going against the grain on this forum but The IT Crowd is hugely overrated.

Hugely overrated by who? If we love it, we love it!

Anything popular is overrated if you don't like it, so it's a bit of a meaningless point of view. You may as well just say 'I don't like it', or, 'I don't like it as much as others seem to'.

*gets in step*

I don't like it as much as others seem to.

Now is this the part where I'm supposed to say 'Sieg Heil'?

*snigger*

Quote: Gregor Shamsa @ December 3 2008, 11:36 PM GMT

*gets in step*

Oh, boring, boring, boring.

Quote: Aaron @ December 3 2008, 11:42 PM GMT

*nigger*

Oh, that Aaron!

Quote: Gregor Shamsa @ December 3 2008, 11:36 PM GMT

*gets in step*

Godwin? Seriously...? Laughing out loud

Quote: Afinkawan @ December 4 2008, 10:52 AM GMT

Godwin? Seriously...? Laughing out loud

Not quite sure I get what you meme there.

I finally got round to watching episode 2 last night! I laughed out loud on several occasions, but I can't help but think the plot was a little weak. It unfolded well, but just didn't grab me. I felt that the magician subplot was crowbarred in as well.

I really liked the Roy and Moss story, but the Jen bit was like an underdeveloped afterthought. Though it still made me giggle. It felt quite Seinfeld-ish, the whole 'your boyfriend looks like a magician' thing.

Quote: Gregor Shamsa @ December 4 2008, 8:16 PM GMT

Not quite sure I get what you meme there.

Either you mistyped 'mean' or this is a hilariously subtle comment.

Just in case:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_Law

Stupid bloody wikipedia and their oddly formatted addresses.

Just look up Godwin's Law on Google or Wikipedia.