Outnumbered - Series 2 Page 8

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 7 2008, 6:12 PM GMT

It's just my own opinion, I don't think they're going to listen to me or anything.

Well to be honest with you, it was my first episode so I might think differently later on, though I kinda doubt it.

Quote: Richard Wells @ December 7 2008, 6:16 PM GMT

Well to be honest with you, it was my first episode so I might think differently later on, though I kinda doubt it.

Ah, well there you go; it's only after one and a bit series that I'm starting to feel like that.

I just want more of the same.

Quote: Aaron @ December 7 2008, 6:31 PM GMT

I just want more of the same.

Well the good news is that you're going to get it. I do like the show, it's just a little gripe I'm developing about it.

I just still can't get over that little girl, the amount of dialogue she has is enormous.

Plus I found what she said very thought provoking.

Quote: Richard Wells @ December 7 2008, 6:36 PM GMT

I just still can't get over that little girl, the amount of dialogue she has is enormous.

Plus I found what she said very thought provoking.

A lot of it's apparently improvised by the kids as well.

Really liking this show. It has such a nice, warm feel to it and more importantly is very funny. The kids are really brilliant, especially Karen, she comes out with some great lines "I know how we can save money...stop buying broccoli" :). Haven't seen last night's episode yet, got it recorded though, will give it a watch later.

This show is quite often profound. To paraphrase the terrorist bomber bit, "if God wants planes blown up, why doesn't he do it himself". Quality.

Still liking - nay, loving - this show. Minor quibble with the last episode was the multiple coincidence (and unconvincing response) involving the woman at the airport. But overall it's great. I was worried that the girl playing Karen would be too knowing in her acting this series, but she's still a star, and the two lads have upped their game as well. The whole cast are great.

"The thing to remember is this; the naughty people who've got the bombs, well they are a fantastically tiny tiny number. Isn't that right, Grandad?"
"Yeah, yeah. Mind you, it only takes one."

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

"Well, it's quite complicated, because they believe that their religion tells them to do it so that they can get into heaven."
"Is this Muslims?"
"No, not ju- It's, it's not just Muslims, no."
"What other religions have blown up planes?"
"Well, uh, the ... Well it is mostly Muslims, yes."

Superb. Simply superb.

The little girl who plays Karen should have won a British Comedy Award. She is the (genuinely) best comic actress in the last year. (Then again, as a parent of young twins, my daughter Sophie is untentionally hilarious.) I sense that this little girl actually is intelligent enough to understand what she's involved in.

Andy Hamilton is a consistent comedy God who has never really been honoured, by the way...

Good stuff; a bit less relaxed, more going on, full of funny.

Coolest. Babysitter. Ever.

It was nice to see a babysitter in a sitcom actually getting on with the kids rather than being terrorized by them.

What a great episode. I laughed lots. "Mummy said she's going to hunt you down and kill you like dogs."

P.S. Claire Skinner is lovely.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ December 14 2008, 12:12 PM GMT

Claire Skinner is lovely.

Would you give her a job?