Outnumbered - Series 2 Page 11

It's up for a Royal Television Society Award as well.

Been watching the repeats of series 2. I hear that series 3 is on the way for the Autumn season. Hooray!

This is by quite some distance the best sitcom of the last couple of years.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 8 2009, 11:36 PM BST

Been watching the repeats of series 2. I hear that series 3 is on the way.

This is by quite some distance the best sitcom of the last couple of years.

A real shame BAFTA didn't think so. Angry

They are famously morons.

Quote: zooo @ August 8 2009, 11:41 PM BST

They are famously morons.

Agreed.

So true and don't get me started on what won and what was snubbed at this year's BAFTAs!!!! Angry

I'm not worried about things getting or not getting awards, fact is it's a great comedy and that's what matters. And it's gaining more and more fans through BBC1 repeats, no doubt. Hard to think now it started as a weirdly scheduled BBC Four thing over several nights.

Hear, hear. And the BAFTA jury can go screw themselves (until the day a show I've written is seeking their approval, at which time they will instantly become important experts on comedy... until it fails to win, when they return to being ignorant pricks again).

It is easily the best sitcom since The Thick Of It. Awards are pretty irrelevant as no-one will give a toss in thirty years what awards they won, whereas what they will remember is that it was a classic. Am unsure how long they can keep it going I gues it won't be as funny whne they're teenagers - though I suppose the brilliance of writng would probably ensure the standards are still maintained.

Quote: Badge @ August 8 2009, 11:59 PM BST

Hard to think now it started as a weirdly scheduled BBC Four thing over several nights.

BBC One.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Sebastian Orange-News @ August 9 2009, 12:07 AM BST

It is easily the best sitcom since The Thick Of It.

Outnumbered transcends The Thick Of It by light years.

Quote: Sebastian Orange-News @ August 9 2009, 12:07 AM BST

Awards are pretty irrelevant as no-one will give a toss in thirty years what awards they won

Unless it's the Golden Rose.

I didn't realise (my fault) that you were such a big fan of this show, Aaron. We agree whole-heartedly about a (recent) show being great at last! :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 9 2009, 3:26 AM BST

BBC One.

That's why I find it hard to think of it as a BBC Four thing. :$

:D