Outnumbered - Series 2 Page 9

Not as funny as previous episodes, but still some real genius in there. Loved the restaurant, and Karen on the phone.

I <3 Karen.

I loved the "When you're old though, you don't *have* to listen! You just say 'Yeah, uh huh, ok, sure', but you don't really listeeeen!" Laughing out loud

I loved the old man saying...I always thought a lot about the jews, it was so irrelevant to the conversation I doubled up laughing. It's the best sitcom for years IMO

Sorry, I haven't read this thread through. Just wanted to say I really like this show. Using improv with children is an excellent idea and really works.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 15 2008, 5:16 PM GMT

Using improv with children is an excellent idea and really works.

Disagree. It works extremely well on Outnumbered, but it could all too easily have gone wrong and been a hideous embarrassment.

Quote: chipolata @ December 15 2008, 5:23 PM GMT

Disagree. It works extremely well on Outnumbered, but it could all too easily have gone wrong and been a hideous embarrassment.

Isn't that what I said, without the 'it could have gone wrong' bit? A large truck could have collided with the set in a freak accident too. Rolling eyes

Blimey, you love disagreeing with me, dontcha.

It made me laugh when her dad was shouting 'Bank it, bank it!'.
And also whatshisname's dream about her playing away from home Laughing out loud
(sorry I don't remember any of their names!)

Its not completely improvised and filmed without a script. The kids are told what to say and it is left how they deliver it.

This article was pretty good I thought you guys might be interested.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article5247325.ece

Quote: Tom G @ December 15 2008, 10:19 PM GMT

This article was pretty good I thought you guys might be interested.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article5247325.ece

Oh yeah, this was the article I was referring to on page 6 of this thread

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 15 2008, 5:37 PM GMT

Blimey, you love disagreeing with me, dontcha.

It's my way of dealing with the powerful attraction I feel for you. :)

Thought this week's episode was great, better than the airport episode, I prefer it when it is just set mainly in the house.

Some great lines, although I fear Karen is becoming more self-aware now and her usual unintentionally hilarious lines are becoming more obvious. It is a minor complaint though because she still has some cracking lines, I just fear the longer this show goes on and the older the kids get it will lose what makes it great, but that was always going to happen I guess.

"You need to give her space"

Did you know ants can survive in the microwave?

Quote: Tom G @ December 20 2008, 10:18 PM GMT

Did you know ants can survive in the microwave?

Not true. I proved this myself when my family purchased its first microwave oven in the early 1970s. Thousands of fire ants met their demise in a blaze of RF energy that day.

Laughing out loud! Poor woodlice, too!

Good episode.

"Karen, we've got to talk to Grandad about grown-up things."
"Is it about the birds and bees... cause I already know about all that.
"Yes we know do, as does half of Sainburys."

Or something along those lines. By the way, the show got 7.2 million last night. Obviously, due to it being after Strictly Come Dancing. Hopefully, a lot more people will watch the next episode and continue to do so.