Outnumbered - Series 2 Page 3

Don't you fancy the mum? :O

Umm. Do I have to answer?

Yes!
But only if the answer is yes!

Quote: Moonstone @ November 15 2008, 11:01 PM GMT

I did think it went a little bit flat for a while

That's what stopped it moving from good to great for me; there was a bit of a flatness at times, when I felt like I was willing it on, to hurry up and get to the funny. Still liked it though.

Quote: Moonstone @ November 15 2008, 11:25 PM GMT

Yes!
But only if the answer is yes!

That's a no then? :| Unimpressed

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 15 2008, 11:47 PM GMT

That's what stopped it moving from good to great for me; there was a bit of a flatness at times, when I felt like I was willing it on, to hurry up and get to the funny. Still liked it though.

Exactly my thoughts. But I think it can get away with it just because the good bits are so good.

Karen and Ben are just brilliant, superb acting.

The older kid spoils it though as his acting is self-conscious and unnatural. Check the bit where he's stood at the bottom of the banister and all the "forced" facial expressions he made.

The adult cast were spot-on too although I felt a little of their plot was too contrived. Hugh Dennis is brilliant.

Yeah, I thought Hugh Dennis and Ben completely owned that episode.

"Soppy old Jesus" - that's going to be my Facebook status, or at least my 'religious views'

I didn't think it started great...maybe because I was so excited I was expecting to laugh straight away, and I didn't. But I still liked it

Quote: shaggy292 @ November 16 2008, 10:38 AM GMT

I didn't think it started great...maybe because I was so excited I was expecting to laugh straight away, and I didn't.

How did you not laugh straight away? :/

I don't know...I'm watching the beginning again on iPlayer and I just think that if you were a newcomer to the series there may be a slight sense of 'I can't see what all the fuss is about'.

But I did think the episode was good, on the whole

My mum has been ranting about the episode all morning, so I'm really anxious to iPlayer it later.

Just joined you on the Outnumbered Appreciation group on Facebook, Aaron!

:)

Scatski: Ranting positively or negatively?

This site introduced me to Outnumbered and is the reason I joined up (everything is else is a bloody great bonus). Being outside of the UK I had to...er...obtain it and I haven't laughed so hard since the last series.

The episode was terrific, I just loved the vicar sitting patiently answering the questions (and avoiding the usual idiot vicar cliche, I might add) while Ben and Karen argued the finer points of Christian theology.

'Soppy old Jesus!' certainly sums up Ben, doesn't it?

Brilliant start to the new series.

Hi zerogeewhiz, welcome aboard!
Aren't they showing it in Aus then? That's a shame. It's the least we could do in exchange for Kath and Kim and Neighbours :)

Watched it at the office today and had a few great laughs. Most of the characters' haircuts seem to have taken a turn for the worse, but Mom is still quite attractive. Whistling nnocently