Comedy that should be repeated on GOLD Page 4

Quote: Aaron @ February 11 2013, 9:42 PM GMT

This. Entirely.

I hope the Gold schedulers are reading this and taking note.

They are probably in some wine bar in Soho getting wasted!

Do you think the BBC and ITV would have wiped any tapes if we had been in charge Aaron? ;)

Ha ha. No, they wouldn't! :D

I often wondered what happened to the original On The Buses tapes or if they had any bloopers and deleted scenes from the series and films.

The film footage may exist, but it's more likely than not that the original studio recordings for the series - known as rushes - are long wiped.

Shame. Do you who I can contact about the film footage?

French company StudioCanal own all of the films now. http://www.studiocanal.co.uk/

I think GOLD could do with a revamp it's just the same exact schedule - day in , day out. If they did do , they would have more room to rerun other shows. :D

Quote: G180e @ February 13 2013, 5:28 PM GMT

I think GOLD could do with a revamp it's just the same exact schedule - day in , day out. If they did do , they would have more room to rerun other shows. :D

Can you give us an example of your revamp schedule?

I emailed StudioCanal the other day but just said check the film boxset which there is anything on it?

Quote: george roper @ February 12 2013, 12:48 AM GMT

I often wondered what happened to the original On The Buses tapes or if they had any bloopers and deleted scenes from the series and films.

I think all the bloopers and deleted scenes were broadcast "as is".

Quote: AlanC @ February 18 2013, 8:35 PM GMT

Can you give us an example of your revamp schedule?

How d'you mean? Smarmy

GOLD are going to rerun Mrs. Brown's Boys from May.

God, that's all we need. Laughing out loud They need to reshow Man About The House or Bless This House, On The Buses, The Benny Hill Show, Harry Enfield And Chums, Beggar My Neighbour, Terry And June and Are You Being Served?.

About half of those titles are already repeated by ITV3, George.

Gold need Father Ted, I know that More 4 often repeat it but it's a classic sitcom that should be on Gold. Phoenix Nights would work well too, though Peter Kay has said in interviews that he doesn't want it to be repeated as he fears it will become overplayed and "like Only Fools & Horses".