Comedy that should be repeated on GOLD Page 3

Morceambe and wise

Freezing, Joking Apart and I second Chef!.

I watched The New Statesman boxset on holiday after getting it. I thought it was still awesome bar the final 'European MP' series which, though still funny, wasn't nearly as strong as the earlier ones or the stage show.

One of the series of Chef! (second maybe?) is one of the best shows ever but the final series was one of the worst. Odd. Bit Brittas Empire in that respect: some of the middle series were awesome.

Dan

I think that Miranda and Mrs. Brown's Boys should be repeated on GOLD but the one thing I would love them to rerun again would be Comedy Connections.

2point4 Children
My Hero
The Thin Blue Line
The Kenny Everett Television Show
Bless This House
Comedy Connections

They've only just finished showing series 1-8 of 2point4 Children

They missed 2 more episodes.

I'd love to see; but It'll never happen;
I Love Lucy
Beverley Hill Billies

Could anyone possibly get in touch with GOLD to see if they will rerun Comedy Connections as they used to rerun it years ago.

There are so many I would like to see....

Bless This House
Man About The House
Brush Strokes
Sorry!
Open All Hours
The Young Ones

Quote: Nigel Ball @ February 8 2013, 8:29 PM GMT

There are so many I would like to see....

Bless This House
Man About The House
Brush Strokes
Sorry!
Open All Hours
The Young Ones

Open All Hours is on GOLD every day!!! >_<

Quote: G180e @ February 9 2013, 1:42 PM GMT

Open All Hours is on GOLD every day!!! >_<

Damn it! I haven't got Gold at the moment anyway. Grrrrrr.
:(

Quote: G180e @ February 8 2013, 7:39 PM GMT

Could anyone possibly get in touch with GOLD to see if they will rerun Comedy Connections as they used to rerun it years ago.

You can contact them via their website, I did last week and they responded very quickly.

Quote: David Carmon @ February 10 2013, 9:17 PM GMT

You can contact them via their website, I did last week and they responded very quickly.

Oh, cheers! I'll do that!

If this thread had been named "Comedies you'd like to see that are not available anywhere at the moment" it might have provoked more thoughtful choices? Gold would not be my medium of choice to view anything these days as they are committed to a rolling schedule of repeats that rely on very little creativity and a great deal of advertising revenue.

The early model of UKGold gave us a lot of shows I would like to see repeated :- Lazarus & Dingwall, Streets Apart, Mornin' Sarge, Life Without George, Kit Curran Radio Show, Hilary ... to name just a few.

Otherwise I would like to see some one series' shows like The New Statesman (Windsor Davies), A Gentleman's Club, Roger Doesn't Live Here Anymore, The Hello Goodbye Man (Ian Lavender), Hell's Bells (Derek Nimmo) ...

Quote: AlanC @ February 11 2013, 9:25 PM GMT

If this thread had been named "Comedies you'd like to see that are not available anywhere at the moment" it might have provoked more thoughtful choices? Gold would not be my medium of choice to view anything these days as they are committed to a rolling schedule of repeats that rely on very little creativity and a great deal of advertising revenue.

The early model of UKGold gave us a lot of shows I would like to see repeated :- Lazarus & Dingwall, Streets Apart, Mornin' Sarge, Life Without George, Kit Curran Radio Show, Hilary ... to name just a few.

Otherwise I would like to see some one series' shows like The New Statesman (Windsor Davies), A Gentleman's Club, Roger Doesn't Live Here Anymore, The Hello Goodbye Man (Ian Lavender), Hell's Bells (Derek Nimmo) ...

This. Entirely.

I hope the Gold schedulers are reading this and taking note.