Comedy that should be repeated on GOLD Page 5

Oh Dr Beeching, The Piglet Files & The Grimleys never seem to get repeated. And neither Bilko nor Hancock's Half Hour have seen the light of day for some years now.

[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/26/55/-/3432829/Oh-Doctor-Beeching-Box-Set/Product.html]

[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3441055/Hancock-Half-Hour-50th-Anniversary-Collection/Product.html]

Neither exactly bank breakers and you can watch when you want !

:P

How about Coupling?

It's odd how it never gets repeated, especially considering how successful it was during its original run.

Yes I have both box sets (Oh Dr Beeching & Hancock) thanks but no reason that UK Gold should deprive the rest of the population of enjoying them.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ February 25 2013, 8:26 PM GMT

Yes I have both box sets (Oh Dr Beeching & Hancock) thanks but no reason that UK Gold should deprive the rest of the population of enjoying them.

They probably realised how awful they were so have come to a conclusion to throw them in a skip at the back of the UK Gold offices. :D Only joking, they're not my cup of tea, but it's about time GOLD updated their schedules.

Shelley with Hywel Bennett, not one of my favourite comedies of all time but ok by ITV standards.

Better than okay, ITV or not! A real underrated gem IMO, with much to laugh at and admire.

Quote: Aaron @ March 1 2013, 1:48 AM GMT

Better than okay, ITV or not! A real underrated gem IMO, with much to laugh at and admire.

Wasn't it mentioned as a latter day version of Hancock ?

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure but it sounds plausible.

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 1 2013, 11:35 PM GMT

Wasn't it mentioned as a latter day version of Hancock ?

I never heard that myself but I wouldnt be at all surprised if it was perceived as latter day version of Hancock.

Any one watching Miranda on GOLD on Tuesday?

Me!

Sorry Zoo I meant Wednesday. Anyway cool name!

Ha, I have no idea when it's on but if I miss it I shall blame you. ;)

Gold used to show some really good stuff back in the early 90s! I'm guessing they didn't have much to spend on shows, But they did used to show some of the lesser known/cult comedies.
Nowadays, 90% of their output seems to be BBC, and is quite modern! I wonder if the fact that the BBC has a stake in UKTV networks means that it's just a dumping ground for their sitcoms.

I recently tweeted Gold about Happy Families, and was told that it wouldn't bring in a big enough audience! Didn't seem to bother them in the past!

Granada Plus, now that was a good channel :)