Newsjack - Series 6 Page 43

Quote: 3songsnoflash @ March 8 2012, 11:02 PM GMT

Mine were the Danny Care intro, the Englebert Humperdinck JackApp, and the Argentinian trade embargo part of the And Finally. I'm pleased with that. :D

I clearly have to work harder on my sketches though.

Only a writer could find a negative on a triple credit!

Congratulations on an impressive haul, can't think of anyone who's got 3 one-liners on one show before.

And Park Bench - which one was yours?

Excellent hattrick 3songsnoflash! Well done!

And, yes, Lewis was showing off in that sketch but at least they acknowledged it at the end; the human side of Newsjack :)

Dan

Mine was the redundant policeman gag. Not exactly 'war and peace'. I'm almost embarrassed to take credit for so few words. However, at price per word, I'm on more than JK Rowling.
:)

Quote: Big Jack @ March 8 2012, 10:36 PM GMT

Lightweight. I'm going.

Yes - this was amazing. It did come across as a showboat rather than a sketch - but very talented man.

I'll take a funny showboat over a not funny sketch any day.

Although I'm imagining the tweet from next monday already - "please no more sketches that are just Lewis doing impressions".

What was your line Stephen?

Quote: Nodz @ March 9 2012, 10:25 AM GMT

What was your line Stephen?

Ah in all the excitement I may not have said! It was the car making in Sunderland one, end of the first set of Jack Apps.

And as I'm going to the recording again next week can I just say - more showboating please!

And two weeks in a row with no corrections - were any recorded??

Quote: radiat10n @ March 9 2012, 11:00 AM GMT

And two weeks in a row with no corrections - were any recorded??

Yes they recorded several corrections. I guess it's easier to lob out an entire section like that if there's a lot in the recording (there was a lot in the recording).

I think I remember most of the corrections being well received so really was the case that even stuff the audience liked got cut.

Congrats to everyone who got stuff on the show.

Quote: StephenM @ March 8 2012, 7:13 PM GMT

I'm not quite sure what's happening and slightly giddy with it all!

And my one piece of advice is don't give up! All I got for series 4 and 5 was one 'recording but no credit' e-mail and yet in series 6...

Also the producer (Lyndsay Fenner) said in her recording intro that next week, episode 4, is traditionally when submissions drop off so keep writing as, if nothing else, your chances are better next week.

I think they've said that they keep an eye out for names who've had early success - which is not to say you don't have to write really good stuff, but that they probably start in a good place reading your stuff rather even if it is no. 1000 in the pile! The one time I got an early success I got 3 things in the series...whereas I don't think I've ever got anything in if I haven't succeeded by show 3 (he says, having got nothing on this series so far, sigh)

Quote: Park Bench @ March 9 2012, 10:07 AM GMT

Mine was the redundant policeman gag.

That was one of my favourite bits of last night's show.

Quote: The Producer @ March 9 2012, 12:45 PM GMT

I think they've said that they keep an eye out for names who've had early success - which is not to say you don't have to write really good stuff, but that they probably start in a good place reading your stuff rather even if it is no. 1000 in the pile! The one time I got an early success I got 3 things in the series...whereas I don't think I've ever got anything in if I haven't succeeded by show 3 (he says, having got nothing on this series so far, sigh)

So that means that everyone who hasn't got something on yet should give up now? ;)

Hang on, if everyone believes that it'll increase my chances of getting on... Whistling nnocently

Well done Park Bench - top gag. Being short and concise is definitely a bonus.

Corrections recorded were all good - surprised if they haven't aired.

Quote: Big Jack @ March 9 2012, 3:03 PM GMT

Corrections recorded were all good - surprised if they haven't aired.

Judging by their latest tweet someone in power disagreed:

"Also - we've been very light on good 'Corrections' the last couple of weeks (hence not making the edit). So have a think about those, too."

Quote: David Salisbury @ March 9 2012, 2:37 PM GMT

So that means that everyone who hasn't got something on yet should give up now? ;)

Hang on, if everyone believes that it'll increase my chances of getting on... Whistling nnocently

I suspect it evens out in terms in chances of success vs earlier shows: lots of writers drop out which helps you, but there are now a small group of people who start each week with a small advantage over you.

I guess the key thing is to up our game!