Newsjack - Series 6 Page 45

I'm there on Wednesday, 3snf. See you then!

Dan

Managed to contribute to the week four lull but didn't mean to. Damn.

2 sketches in.

working on one-liners.

3 for me. Archives, Newsjack film and Diary. I like the angle I took on all three but not sure I nailed any!

I'm dissappointed that I didn't write three sketches. I did a sketch on LSD curing alcoholism. I started two other sketches - ofcom investigating smile TV and Clegg does what his mother tells him but I just couldn't find a punch line for them

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ March 12 2012, 12:15 PM GMT

I did a sketch on LSD curing alcoholism.

That was the basis for my Newsjack Shop sketch...

Quote: StephenM @ March 12 2012, 11:57 AM GMT

I am. I'm told I look very like my profile picture and I might not even have a beard if I can buy a pack of razors between then and now.

If you stepped back into the shadows a little, your profile pic would look just like mine. So, I'll look out for a guy who looks like me, only with better lighting...

Dan - see you there!

Only managed one sketch and it was on a fairly obscure news story (the calls for a Eurovision boycott), the jokes were pretty obvious and I didn't manage to find a good punchline, so I don't think I'm in any danger of breaking my duck.

No sketches from me this week. Started two but they weren't really coming together so I figured I'd save them the effort.

Still, at least we have the Monday One Liner session to look forward to (I secretly prefer the one liners anyway. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)

Quote: StephenM @ March 12 2012, 11:57 AM GMT

I am. I'm told I look very like my profile picture and I might not even have a beard if I can buy a pack of razors between then and now.

Don't know about you but felt there was a lot of bad news that might not be NJ suitable (Syria, Afghanistan, Tsunamia, Raul Moat Copper ...). Of course if you found a tasteful angle on any of that you're up and running.

I tend to steer clear of the bad news as well, partly from personal taste, but mostly because I don't think it'll get on Newsjack however funny. (The News Revue can be rather the opposite!)

They do sometimes have sketches that push the boundaries gently on stories that I have ruled out, so it can happen. Like you say, getting the tone right is key.

I would be fascinated to know how many sketches (and how many of mine!) are rules out on grounds of bad taste or libel problems.

I got three in today (managed to write 4, not 6 like I planned) on:
The NHS risk register
The DSK/Cambridge Union hooha (hmmm, see my earlier comments about bad taste...)
The national shortage of tarragon

They are:
Interview,
Advert, and
Reporter
sketches respectively.

Congrats to StephenM on his sunderland line - very nice take on the story. Had some good Apps this series - have to up my game

EDIT: Oops. Double post deleted.

Well, in the end I panicked and sent in a few one-liners. It was all that talk of a 4th episode lull did it.

Found it hard-going this week though - not sure I'm cut out for this comedy-writing lark.

I only sent in one sketch, a diary bit. As yet I haven't come up with any decent one liners. I didn't send any sketches in for the first week, so I shouldn't be suffering from a week 4 lull yet.

Quote: Frantically @ March 12 2012, 8:41 PM GMT

Found it hard-going this week though - not sure I'm cut out for this comedy-writing lark.

Next week might be better. That's the thing with topical writing. There's always something new to spark ideas off (as well as a lot of old favourites).

Quote: groovydude89 @ February 23 2012, 6:06 PM GMT

Performed by Justin Edwards, Pippa Evans, Nadia Kamil & Lewis MacLeod.

Script-edited by Jon Hunter.

Written by
Jon Hunter
Alex Clissold-Jones
Andy Flood
Chris Whitfield
David Hemming
Eddie Robson
Gareth Gwynn
Jack Horner
Jeremy Donoghue
Jim Spiers
Joel Slack-Smith
John-Luke Roberts
Jon Hunter
Julian Tuddenham
Keiron Nicholson
Kev Core
Mathew Wasley
Matt Oakley
Mike Wozniak
Nick Vincent
Paul Hennell
Paul Martinovic
Ryan Thomas
Stephen Mawhinney
Stuart Beale
Thomas Duncan-Watt
Thomas Smith
Trevor Johnson

Produced by Ed Morrish & Lyndsay Fenner.

VERY late to the party, but: JENNY Donoghue. I'm a girl. Last I checked.

Can't help correcting. Especially as there was rampant twitter debate that week over number of female submissions.

More importantly: Hi everyone. See some of you in person this Wednesday?