Newsjack - Series 6 Page 44

Was there anything about Rooney?

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Hopefully I can keep it up for the week 4 lull. :)

Interesting what they said about the Corrections on twitter...

Quote: 3songsnoflash @ March 9 2012, 5:41 PM GMT

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Hopefully I can keep it up for the week 4 lull. :)

Interesting what they said about the Corrections on twitter...

When I got the email saying I was recorded but edited out, I emailed back to ask what it was that was used. I was told it was my corrections stuff but it didn't go down well with the audiences so was cut. So I'm not really sure what to think apart from 'must be funnier next week!'

Apart from the excellent sketch about deference in episode 2, there hasn't been a lot of satire on the Royal family. (Something that sketch skewered rather neatly). What do you think? Worth steering clear of Royals based sketches?

Interesting... One of the sketches I sent this week was based on the Queen shopping in a supermarket, not sure I satirised them enough which may have been the problem. I'll post it in Critique later...

Well done 3SNF. Great minds think alike as I had similar one liners. Except mine weren't funny...

Quote: Park Bench @ March 9 2012, 10:07 AM GMT

Mine was the redundant policeman gag. Not exactly 'war and peace'. I'm almost embarrassed to take credit for so few words. However, at price per word, I'm on more than JK Rowling.
:)

Nice line, laughed out loud when I heard that as really didn't see it coming.

Quote: David Salisbury @ March 10 2012, 2:34 PM GMT

Apart from the excellent sketch about deference in episode 2, there hasn't been a lot of satire on the Royal family. (Something that sketch skewered rather neatly). What do you think? Worth steering clear of Royals based sketches?

There was the whole Pippa Middleton / Newspaper sketch in episode 3. I think it got broadcast but will confess to getting confused between what was and wasn't in the final show.

So think Royal stuff very much up for grabs if it's topical (see all last series Royal Wedding stuff)

Inspiration not really hitting me this week. Aghhh.

I'm contributing to the week 4 lull this week by not sending anything. Really got to get this Laughter Track thing written!

After seveal hours of slogging away, I've just submitted three sketches.

I'm now off to reward myself with a chocolate binge.

Three sketches for me once again, week 4 lull, I have defeated you!
Whether they're any good or not, we'll see...

I wrote a Newsjack Shop sketch, which I'm pleased with. The problem there though is that they can only go with one NJ shop, so if they've got a bunch of good ones, there's more competition. We'll see...

Who else is going to the recording on Wednesday?

Due to Florence the Machine (Saturday) and running the Bath Half Marathon (Sunday) I was only able to contribute one sketch. Though I think it's a quite good one.

Also only managed one sketch (and I don't think it's a good one!) - still, it's infinitely more than I produced last week - doubt it's enough to transform the Week 4 lull into the week 4 LOL tho...so one-liners, come to me, I'm relying on you...

Quote: radiat10n @ March 12 2012, 11:50 AM GMT

doubt it's enough to transform the Week 4 lull into the week 4 LOL

Nice, I see what you did there... ;)

Quote: 3songsnoflash @ March 12 2012, 11:40 AM GMT

Who else is going to the recording on Wednesday?

I am. I'm told I look very like my profile picture and I might not even have a beard if I can buy a pack of razors between then and now.

Three sketches off this week (in it to win it and all that). Went for variety this week:
A quickie, a 2-pager and a 3-pager
An interview, A Newsjack Film & A stand-alone sketch

And on the subjects of:
Banning crosses at work
Prince Harry on tour
A4e Fraud allegations

Don't know about you but felt there was a lot of bad news that might not be NJ suitable (Syria, Afghanistan, Tsunamia, Raul Moat Copper ...). Of course if you found a tasteful angle on any of that you're up and running.