Newsjack - Series 6 Page 42

Well done all :)

congrats to StephenM - stuff in week 1 & 3 and stuff cut from week 2. Great hit rate!

Quote: blahblah @ March 8 2012, 6:59 PM GMT

congrats to StephenM - stuff in week 1 & 3 and stuff cut from week 2. Great hit rate!

I'm not quite sure what's happening and slightly giddy with it all!

And my one piece of advice is don't give up! All I got for series 4 and 5 was one 'recording but no credit' e-mail and yet in series 6...

Also the producer (Lyndsay Fenner) said in her recording intro that next week, episode 4, is traditionally when submissions drop off so keep writing as, if nothing else, your chances are better next week.

sshhh I want the submission rate to drop. Don't listen to Stephen giving up is fun!

Quote: blahblah @ March 8 2012, 7:14 PM GMT

sshhh I want the submission rate to drop. Don't listen to Stephen giving up is fun!

Yes, but people like Steve and I drop out and more people come along. Things are getting so bad we're thinking of hiring Pippa Evans as an alternative...

I'd be really interested in finding out how far I went in the process, but its such a tight ship suppose they don't have the time

So for the second time this series, I got the 'almost' email from Lyndsey.

Although disappointing, it's nice to know I got into the script even if my contribution wasn't very funny!

Moral of this story - I need to go to all the recordings just in case!

Well done everyone who got on, almost got on and tried to get on!

Well done all who made it or nearly made it.

Congrats everyone

And it's a strike out from me once again.

Congrats to all the successful BCGers :)

As ususal nothing for me. Hey Ho.

Congrats to all who did get in, looking forward to the show.

This week really hurt, but well done StephenM and everyone else. At least I can take solace that my sketches are getting better so maybe I'll have a chance.

Quote: groovydude89 @ March 6 2012, 6:41 PM GMT

Unfortunately, living outside of London - I don't think I'll be able to make it.

Lightweight. I'm going.

Quote: StephenM @ March 8 2012, 4:19 PM GMT

2) The highlight was Lewis showing off in a Chelsea manager sketch

Yes - this was amazing. It did come across as a showboat rather than a sketch - but very talented man. Perhaps one of the funniest segments of the night was again Lewis - "Hello, here's my schlong". Not part of the sketches, you literally had to be there.

Overall, it felt like they recorded a hell of a lot - and by and large there was some fantastic material - I'd say the one liners were all quality as well, only one or two duds out of about 15 or so recorded.

OK, who's responsible for Juan Smallstep? I cracked up at that. :)

Mine were the Danny Care intro, the Englebert Humperdinck JackApp, and the Argentinian trade embargo part of the And Finally. I'm pleased with that. :D

I clearly have to work harder on my sketches though.

Another good show I thought, well done to all involved.

Quote: 3songsnoflash @ March 8 2012, 11:02 PM GMT

OK, who's responsible for Juan Smallstep? I cracked up at that. :)

Mine were the Danny Care intro, the Englebert Humperdinck JackApp, and the Argentinian trade embargo part of the And Finally. I'm pleased with that. :D

I clearly have to work harder on my sketches though.

Another good show I thought, well done to all involved.

Blimey - well done! Is this some sort of record???