Psychoville - Series 2 Page 10

Quote: Lazzard @ May 26 2011, 10:53 AM BST

Welcome to the British Comedy Guide, Reece.

;)

No not Reece actually
Laughing out loud

Just a fan who's been dipping into the forum & just wanted to show him that not everyone is a #f**kwitmuggle or a #trogtwat cos there are plenty who love Psychoville S2. It's just that naysayers seem to clamour for the attention. :O

Where is that Link to Reece Shearsmith's angry Twitter post? I can't find it now.

Anyway back on topic:

I would like it on record that I think Psychoville Series 2 is fantastic.
Hilariously funny, amazingly original & the best thing that anyone has ever done.
More clown funerals please whoever may or may not be reading.

Psychoville set high standards for itself in Series 1, which were always going to be hard to match. Stepping back though and taking these episodes by themselves, I think the show is still excellent.

The audience will look back on Series 2 stronger when the story arc has been completed I think. There's obviously a bit of frustration at the moment that people aren't quite sure where the story is going, but without spoiling it, I can say it is heading somewhere...

The complaint the new characters seem to be 'side stories' is sorted soon. Tonight's episode (Episode 4) we see Peter Bishop getting involved in the main storyline, and a hint at how Hattie is involved, and in Episode 5 we learn how key Jeremy Goode is to everything.

Episode 5 has a great mix of funny scenes, touching moments, and a good shock. Whilst Episode 6 has some great one-liners in it.

Quote: zooo @ May 25 2011, 3:44 PM BST

Apparently the final episode of Psychoville is being shown on the Monday, not Thursday, to make way for the new series of Mock The Week. What a f**king retarded move.

No, this is good! Less time having to wait to find out how it ends! Cliffhangers are the worst.

(It is repeated at 11:20pm on Thursday 6th for those that miss the Monday 2nd broadcast though)

Quote: Mark @ May 26 2011, 1:34 PM BST

No, this is good! Less time having to wait to find out how it ends! Cliffhangers are the worst.

Are you sure it's good? If a channel is willing to move a final episode like this, it makes you wonder how eager they would be for any more.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 26 2011, 1:31 PM BST

Where is that Link to Reece Shearsmith's angry Twitter post? I can't find it now.

It doesn't read as angry, more 'eye-roll-y'.

This is an issue I think we can all relate to.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/more-clown-funerals-on-tv/

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 26 2011, 1:38 PM BST

Are you sure it's good? If a channel is willing to move a final episode like this, it makes you wonder how eager they would be for any more.

It doesn't read as angry, more 'eye-roll-y'.

I just want to read it again as I'm getting confused about what he actually called our SootyJ

No, it's an appalling decision to move a final episode in a series to another night to make way for a returning series. Rescheduling the episode like this shows lack of respect to an audience & makers of the series themselves. :(

I wonder if I should post on here again. Quite a lot of posts seem cynical...& I'm certain Steve Sunshine's previous post seemed to be mocking my enthusiasm for the series. Is it wrong to love something & say so?

Forums like this can often be rather nasty...hence my forum name. :(

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 26 2011, 1:53 PM BST

I just want to read it again as I'm getting confused about what he actually called our SootyJ

He just put something like 'Just read 'Yawn, yet another sinister clown funeral'. Yeah, because TV is full of them. #f**kwitmuggle'.

It was something like that. Which seems fair enough.

Quote: ForumPhobic @ May 26 2011, 1:58 PM BST

No, it's an appalling decision to move a final episode in a series to another night to make way for a returning series. Rescheduling the episode like this shows lack of respect to an audience & makers of the series themselves. :(

I wonder if I should post on here again. Quite a lot of posts seem cynical...& I'm certain Steve Sunshine's previous post seemed to be mocking my enthusiasm for the series. Is it wrong to love something & say so?

Forums like this can often be rather nasty...hence my forum name. :(

Sorry, I wasn't mocking you at all.
I was just making a poor joke pretending that Reece was reading (as he seems to have been), and making sure I was being very nice about the show so that he wouldn't be tempted to Tweet about any misgivings that I may have.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 26 2011, 1:59 PM BST

He just put something like 'Just read 'Yawn, yet another sinister clown funeral'. Yeah, because TV is full of them. #f**kwitmuggle'.

It was something like that. Which seems fair enough.

Ah so he didn't actually call SootyJ anything but attached a hashtag which I presume is supposed to show comments by Muggles (non famous/non comedy people?) that he considers f**kwittish.

I think I get it now.

Quote: ForumPhobic @ May 26 2011, 11:07 AM BST

It's just that naysayers seem to clamour for the attention.

Yeah, because it's the critics who've been tweeting to thousands of followers about it! Of course!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 26 2011, 2:05 PM BST

Ah so he didn't actually call SootyJ anything but attached a hashtag which I presume is supposed to show comments by Muggles (non famous/non comedy people?) that he considers f**kwittish.

I think I get it now.

He didn't directly call sootyj anything, but the implication of a tweet in that style is that he considers the person he's quoting (sootyj) to be a 'f**kwit muggle'.

And let's leave it there please.

Other than I think #fuggle is both neater and sweeter.

I do love it when people with single figure posts tell us what's wrong with the place.(You would have thought a sense of humour would be a pre-requisite of joining.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to tonight's episode.

And I'm under the impression the majority of people on this thread are, too.

Quote: ForumPhobic @ May 26 2011, 1:58 PM BST

Is it wrong to love something & say so?

Well you'd be advised to keep quiet about your love of sheep.

"Hey Teabag it's Mr J!....." Laughing out loud

Oh my, it's Richard Bacon.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud The grapple!! Laughing out loud

The bit in the old folks home, with the two old dears had me laughing too. "I'll just get me pads." Laughing out loud Brill.