Psychoville - Series 2 Page 15

Are we supposed to know yet why the copper is killing off the cast when his job is to retain the locket.

That's just standard conspiracy stuff: kill the witnesses, tie up the lose ends.

Odd by the halfway mark this show has really caught up and become ace.
I love Jelly and his assisstant's relationship, it's really sweet and funny. And David and his mum's final scenes seemed to hit that weird point where comedy and drama seem to collide.

Funny but dark and touching at once.

Did love seeing Jelly's impersonation of Jolly.

Excellent episode. I think I'm enjoying this series even more than the first one.

I agree with the Sootmeister that it seems a series of two halves, and that the second half is infinitely better than the first half. It still isn't really clicking for me, though. Some funny stuff, and a not bad story - although not quite as intriguing as I'd hoped.

Last night the biggest laugh came from the Arctic Roll line - although not quite as big as when I first heard a variation of it on Misfits.

Agree with Sooty on the Mum and son scene, I thought that was quite moving and the 'oops upside your head' funny and tragically sad at the same time. Jeremy is turning out to be a very interesting character. I love his brooding face, and Jolly and the old woman are hilarious.

I did lol rather out loud when she appeared with the facepaint.

David's poem for his Mum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnEJHHcktrY

A strong episode with a lot of laughs this week. I particularly liked it when the Doctor correctly guessed David was a Netto shopper.

The one certainty is that Reece Sensitive won't suddenly tweet that f**kmuggle likes this series. Arsehole.

Wave Hello everyone, first post.

Just wanted to say that as fans of comedy you/we/I are lucky to have Psychoville and Shearsmith/Pemberton, the show is true genius, as was League... before it.

The production values surpass pretty much every 'sitcom' put out there, the show has a true sense of authorship lacking in just about every other comedy show out there and I feel the tone and execution of the show transcends 'comedy' by actually being artful on a scale the Beeb's generic laughter-track-worldview has no right to be.

The show is a shining light and God bless all involved.

Quote: Bebopalula @ June 5 2011, 1:30 AM BST

Wave Hello everyone, first post. Just wanted to say that as fans of comedy you/we/I are lucky to have Psychoville and Shearsmith/Pemberton, the show is true genius, as was League... before it. The production values surpass pretty much every 'sitcom' put out there, the show has a true sense of authorship lacking in just about every other comedy show out there

You mean apart from Rev, Getting On, The Trip or The Thick Of it, to name but 4 current distinct BBC comedies easily as good as Psychoville.

Quote: ForumPhobic @ May 26 2011, 10:47 AM BST

Psychoville Series 2 is in my opinion just about the best thing that Reece & Steve have done. They've said they're very proud of this series & they're certainly right to be.

The plotline is naunced & being revealed bit by bit (why do naysayers want to pre-empt the show's creators?!)...I think it surpasses S1 (& I thought that superlative series would be hard to top) As they've said this isn't a series that one can dip into from time to time. It demands the audience pay attention & concentrete - & in schedules full of repetition & formulaic laughs thank God for that!

TV progs aren't knee-deep in cliched sinster clowns or clown funerals (can't recall when I saw one last...not even in a repeat on 'Gold') Sinster clowns are a horror staple since 'It', not a comedy cliche (clowns as miserable depressives maybe...) Psychoville takes horror elements, comedy & drama & mashes it up peerlessly.

Any other comedy series or any other series for that matter like it on TV? There isn't! Shearsmith & Pemberton should be cherished...there is no-one out there producing work like them on British TV. Long may they be allowed to make their distinctive unique work - British comedy & TV need talent like them. TV schedules & comedy series must be diverse. Otherwise it will be filled with comedy panel shows (which seem to mainly exist so Dave will have something to show)

;)

Quote: Bebopalula @ June 5 2011, 1:30 AM BST

Wave Hello everyone, first post.

Just wanted to say that as fans of comedy you/we/I are lucky to have Psychoville and Shearsmith/Pemberton, the show is true genius, as was League... before it.

The production values surpass pretty much every 'sitcom' put out there, the show has a true sense of authorship lacking in just about every other comedy show out there and I feel the tone and execution of the show transcends 'comedy' by actually being artful on a scale the Beeb's generic laughter-track-worldview has no right to be.

The show is a shining light and God bless all involved.

Quote: chipolata @ June 5 2011, 7:27 AM BST

You mean apart from Rev, Getting On, The Trip or The Thick Of it, to name but 4 current distinct BBC comedies easily as good as Psychoville.

You are absolutely right, easily as good, that's brought me down a peg or two, I've now changed my tune and see things as you see them.

Let me know what I 'mean' on any opinions I may post in the future, ok? Ok.

Quote: Bebopalula @ June 5 2011, 10:32 AM BST

You are absolutely right, easily as good, that's brought me down a peg or two, I've now changed my tune and see things as you see them. Let me know what I 'mean' on any opinions I may post in the future, ok? Ok.

Rolling eyes

Quote: Bebopalula @ June 5 2011, 10:32 AM BST

You are absolutely right, easily as good, that's brought me down a peg or two, I've now changed my tune and see things as you see them.

Let me know what I 'mean' on any opinions I may post in the future, ok? Ok.

On a less hostile note, welcome Bebopalula :)