Doctor Who... Page 690

Do you really think that the Beeb would put Who up against X Factor? It might get moved back a bit as six is really too early. (Yes, I know back in the days my yoof, it was probably earlier.)

And, the ratings are a completely non-story. What do they expect launching at Easter in the middle of the most shambolically disorganised set of bank holidays for years? A lot of people have seized the opportunity to grab three weeks off for a minimal loss of leave days. Given the precision which goes into the planning of schedules (see last year's Who and the date of the Universe ending) I'm amazed that they didn't take this into account.

Have just come into possession of next week's TV guide. On saturday we have the pirates but on the inside back page there is a headline pertaining to week 4. It asks the question is Suranne Jones the Doctor's wife? and she does look vaguely Riverish in the photo. Spoilers. ;)

I liked the fact that the Doctor could use the Chameloen circuit again

BBC4 is showing The Hand of Fear next Mon-Tue in tribute to Elisabeth Sladen.

I'll definitely watch that
Cheers Badge

Possibly this should go in the writing section but I've just read this and am fuming on Riley Minor's behalf.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunity/doctor_who_script_comp.shtml

Okay, having checked the t and cs she will just squeeze in on age but its one entry per school and has to be countersigned by a teacher so naturally that's going to default to the older children.

The bit I really don't like is where is says you can create an entirely new human character but you have to agree to sign away absolutely every single right they can think of and they are free to use the character however they wish in the future but you can put a picture of your own creation on your blog. I know its unlikley but what if the winner does come up with say a new companion?

It's one thing to exploit desperate grown up writers. Another to pick children's brains.

Quote: chipolata @ May 3 2011, 2:15 PM BST

I have a feeling the next episode is written by the same guy who wrote the second and worst Sherlock episode.

I'll say one thing for the writer, he's consistent. This is as boring as the Sherlock episode he wrote.

I think this woman in the eye patch must be a midwife or something.

Wasn't looking forward to this one too much, sandwiched as it is between two Moffat episodes and a Neil Gaiman story, seemed like it was going to be not much more than filler; and so it proved. It wasn't a stinker, it was just a bit ho-hum. Bit run-of-the-mill, nothing too special to distinguish it.

It looked lovely though.

I expect something a bit more special from Gaiman next week!

i liiked this one it was a nice old skool who mystery

I thought it looked cheap and set bound. Like they'd blown half the budget on the American jaunt and had to save money by filming on the Blue Peter set.

Quote: chipolata @ May 7 2011, 7:26 PM BST

I thought it looked cheap and set bound. Like they'd blown half the budget on the American jaunt and had to save money by filming on the Blue Peter set.

I doubt it, they were only in America filming for three days in one location.

And while it was obviously set bound (Well, the ship was a real ship as opposed to a built set, but anyway) it didn't look cheap; the production values seemed pretty high to me, very polished. Compare the look of it to earlier series.

and the 'ships a ship' captain flys a starship was proper mental fun

Next weeks is fifty minutes long.

It 's Gaiman it should be 5 years