Doctor Who... Page 691

I may watch Neverwhere for the twentieth time to prepare.

I may reread Black Orchid

What happened to the other pirate in the cabin? I went out to retrieve pizza at that point. He just seemed to disappear and not in a puff of green smoke.

Quote: KLRiley @ May 7 2011, 8:36 PM BST

What happened to the other pirate in the cabin? I went out to retrieve pizza at that point. He just seemed to disappear and not in a puff of green smoke.

That had crossed my mind too!

Gaiman's episode better be Citizen Kane after this build up.

My kids, who really used to enjoy the show, don't bother watching it anymore because it doesn't have David Tennant in it, who was "the best Doctor Who". Matt Smith apparently "can't do expressions" and is "boring".

I hope you find these opinions useful in shaping your continuing debate.

it means it doesn't appeal to kids hoorah

now like every other bbc adult drama it can be full of sodomy nudism and swearing

Alien: I have waited millennia to reap my revenge on the Time Lords, prepare to die Doctor

Dr Who: Suck my naked knob blobman, you f**king dickhead.

At least it was only 45 minutes. His Sherlock was 90 minutes.

If nothing else, coming straight after his opener, it again highlights how much more engaging, thrilling and ambitious Moffat's own scripts are. Hopefully some of the other writers scripts will be better.

As I say, it wasn't bad as such, just bland, really.

Watch the first. Forget the rest.

Quote: Griff @ May 7 2011, 11:31 PM BST

That f**ker's arrived on Lovefilm this weekend. I've probably got to watch it tomorrow night.

Sherlock is a good show; first and third are very good. The middle one wasn't terrible, just not up to the level of the other two.

Quote: Griff @ May 7 2011, 11:37 PM BST

It doesn't even have to be ambitious to be thrilling. It just has to be actually dramatic, which this wasn't. No jeopardy. Jeopardy is cool.

It wasn't even bad enough to BE bad; just meh.

It casts more doubt on Moffat's ability as a showrunner. They only have to do 13 episodes a year yet they churn out this dreary non-event. Not good enough.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 7 2011, 11:34 PM BST

If nothing else, coming straight after his opener, it again highlights how much more engaging, thrilling and ambitious Moffat's own scripts are. Hopefully some of the other writers scripts will be better.

As I say, it wasn't bad as such, just bland, really.

Yeah bland is good really if you squint and put your hands over your ears.