Doctor Who... Page 685

Quote: Marc P @ May 1 2011, 10:56 PM BST

I have just seriously like actually just fainted innit!

You're being cynical again Marc! Of course he knows certain end points.

Quote: Marc P @ May 1 2011, 10:56 PM BST

Yup

I thought you said you enjoyed it, with several big reservations, last week?? Now you agree it's atrocious?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 1 2011, 11:26 PM BST

You're being cynical again Marc! Of course he knows certain end points.

I thought you said you enjoyed it last week??

I did enjoy it. But in a hot dog kind of way when it could have been a steak sandwich. I know the tricks he's pulling and he is not paying them off.

Quote: Marc P @ May 1 2011, 11:28 PM BST

I did enjoy it. But in a hot dog kind of way when it could have been a steak sandwich. I know the tricks he's pulling and he is not paying them off.

Because he hasn't got to the end yet, he was setting up the whole series. Lots of shows do this, why is it a problem doing it in Who. As long as he does resolve things.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 1 2011, 11:26 PM BST

Now you agree it's atrocious?

Ok not atrocious, but if I was Moff's English teacher I would be writing he could do better. What did you think of it?? I really can't buy into this it will all be amazingly explained later nonsense that never happens - think of how important to the universe Katherine Tate was arc for example. Enough with the entire history/past of the universe or even Earth come to that, Lets have a little story about the worm of wiltshire or something.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 1 2011, 11:30 PM BST

Because he hasn't got to the end yet, he was setting up the whole series. Lots of shows do this, why is it a problem doing it in Who. As long as he does resolve things.

I am quoting you again just so... well you know :D

Quote: Marc P @ May 1 2011, 11:33 PM BST

Ok not atrocious, but if I was Moff's English teacher I would be writing he could do better. What did you think of it?? I really can't but into this it will all be amazingly explained later nonsense that never happens

It never happens? Well it hasn't happened yet, no, because he hasn't got to the end!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 30 2011, 10:15 PM BST

There was that weird moment when a woman looked through a hatch in the door at Amy, then it wasn't there anymore. That was odd.

That bit really sent me for a loop, I keep thinking about it. Does anybody have any idea whats going on this series?

Although I like DW alot these two opening episodes have thrown too many unanswered questions at the general viewer, in my opinion. Too difficult to keep track of.

Only on the basis that this new WHO and Torchwood ever have. Because if they do it kinda ties things up and where do they then go? It's actually not cynical but analytical which I hate to do with Who! I am on your side funnily enough MAtthew.

Quote: jacparov @ May 1 2011, 11:38 PM BST

That bit really sent me for a loop, I keep thinking about it. Does anybody have any idea whats going on this series?

Although I like DW alot these two opening episodes have thrown too many unanswered questions at the general viewer, in my opinion. Too difficult to keep track of.

I think they may be losing their younger audience with these two - which is not I think a good idea.

But he got to the end last year Stott and blew it with incoherent baloney. Why will this year be different?

Quote: chipolata @ May 1 2011, 11:41 PM BST

But he got to the end last year Stott and blew it with incoherent baloney. Why will this year be different?

Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ May 1 2011, 11:41 PM BST

Well, he didn't explain everything as a lot fed into this year. But it wasn't all incoherent baloney, there was a certain logic to most of it. But as I mentioned in an earlier post, it was logic within a world many of us were unable to get on board with, because it seemed too close to magic.

Yes but enough with the feeding on, feeding on without cogent resolution. It is turning the show into a soap opera and that is a crime beyond tolerance.

Quote: Marc P @ May 1 2011, 11:49 PM BST

Yes but enough with the feeding on, feeding on without cogent resolution. It is turning the show into a soap opera and that is a crime beyond tolerance.

It might all be resolved by the end of this year, two series isn't too long to wait. If it all keeps dragging on, then I may also start to huff; answers and resolutions are good, I agree! Especially if they make sense! :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 1 2011, 11:51 PM BST

It might all be resolved by the end of this year, two series isn't too long to wait. If it all keeps dragging on, then I may also start to huff; answers and resolutions are good, I agree! Especially if they make sense! :D

They have set up too much to be resolved really. Tone the fellow down. More Indiana less Master of The Universe. It's drama 101 really. As GT said, paraphrasing what I said earlier but in longer form, the Doctor should take us on a journey not us just watching him.

There was certainly no sense of jeopardy in Saturday's episode. It was just the first piece in a puzzle.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 1 2011, 11:30 PM BST

It's not hard to see why it's a problem. Imagine someone gave you random chapters from a novel to read on your morning commute. The knowledge that they would eventually give you all the chapters wouldn't help make it a good read.

Nobody dislikes plain predictable narratives more than me, but this mixed-up bollocks isn't the answer. Also, we had fifteen years to work out why the show failed before and it's on the record. Only an idiot ignores what's been written. So far Moffat has.