Doctor Who... Page 688

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 2 2011, 7:10 PM BST

F**ked it up for you, yes.

And Marc P! :D

Mmm, me and Marc P versus you...

If we set the consensus at your threshold of critical acceptance there no telling what the show would become, but we already have:

"Amy restores the universe and remembers the Doctor because of River's diary."

You must be crazy to defend this shit.

Quote: GGdown @ May 2 2011, 11:44 PM BST

The whole point of choosing the moon footage was because so many people watched it. In terms of % of the worlds population, I think it's still up there as one of the most watched live, and alot of people will watch it historically as well. Fair point on the guns, but still, in groups, you'd be pretty safe.

Still feels that as viewers it's left to us to paper over all the cracks in the plot.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 3 2011, 12:35 AM BST

"Amy restores the universe and remembers the Doctor because of River's diary."

That wasn't actually what happened though, but it's a funny line.

Quote: chipolata @ May 3 2011, 8:55 AM BST

Still feels that as viewers it's left to us to paper over all the cracks in the plot.

We weren't given all the answers, no. That wasn't a crack in the plot, as such, but we are being left to assume a lot.

It doesn't matter if there's a crack in the plot, because the Doctor can just reverse time and repair it.

Always a bit suspect when alien races announce themselves by saying things like :'We are The Silence'. (Or, for that matter: 'I am Bad Wolf'.

Would we announce ourselves by saying: 'We are Earthlings'?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 3 2011, 11:57 AM BST

Always a bit suspect when alien races announce themselves by saying things like :'We are The Silence'. (Or, for that matter: 'I am Bad Wolf'.

Would we announce ourselves by saying: 'We are Earthlings'?

Yeah, but why do the Daleks feel the need to say 'exterminate'? It's part of the same contrived tradition.

(I've always wondered what the correct term is for words like the Daleks' exterminate, or the Cybermen's 'delete'. They indicate an intention to kill; are they "predeath words?" )

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 3 2011, 11:57 AM BST

Always a bit suspect when alien races announce themselves by saying things like :'We are The Silence'.

It's just basic politeness.

Quote: Nogget @ May 3 2011, 12:25 PM BST

(I've always wondered what the correct term is for words like the Daleks' exterminate, or the Cybermen's 'delete'. They indicate an intention to kill; are they "predeath words?" )

Battlecry presumably. Or catchphrase.

I have a feeling the next episode is written by the same guy who wrote the second and worst Sherlock episode.

Still, episode 4 might be good. Errr

Doctor Who loses more than 1m
SATURDAY: Doctor Who lost more than a million viewers following its worst launch since the franchise was rebooted

From Broadcast.

If they lose the kids they are in trouble - and I'm not sure those two openers helped!

SATURDAY: Doctor Who lost more than a million viewers following its worst launch since the franchise was rebooted.

The sci-fi drama, starring Matt Smith and Karen Gillan, continued on last week's story in the Utah desert with an audience of 5.38m (30.49%) from 6pm to 6.45pm on BBC1 and BBC1 HD, according to overnight Barb figures supplied by Attentional.

It was more than a million viewers down on last week's series six launch audience of 6.51m (36.66%) - the lowest debut since Doctor Who was resurrected in 2005.

The continued good weather is unlikely to have helped the doctor's cause, but the audience figures will rise once consolidated and online viewing is taken into account. Last week's episode had a consolidated rating of 8.86m.

Quote: Griff @ May 3 2011, 2:18 PM BST

If it's any consolation Steve Thompson is a very good playwright.

No, it's not.

God, I hate broadcastnow. I know they have to report the "facts" but they make it read like the sky is falling.

Quote: Marc P @ May 3 2011, 2:21 PM BST

Doctor Who loses more than 1m
SATURDAY: Doctor Who lost more than a million viewers following its worst launch since the franchise was rebooted

From Broadcast.

If they lose the kids they are in trouble - and I'm not sure those two openers helped!

SATURDAY: Doctor Who lost more than a million viewers following its worst launch since the franchise was rebooted.

The sci-fi drama, starring Matt Smith and Karen Gillan, continued on last week's story in the Utah desert with an audience of 5.38m (30.49%) from 6pm to 6.45pm on BBC1 and BBC1 HD, according to overnight Barb figures supplied by Attentional.

It was more than a million viewers down on last week's series six launch audience of 6.51m (36.66%) - the lowest debut since Doctor Who was resurrected in 2005.

The continued good weather is unlikely to have helped the doctor's cause, but the audience figures will rise once consolidated and online viewing is taken into account. Last week's episode had a consolidated rating of 8.86m.

Hardly surprising. Neverending stories with no resolution don't do massively well, ratings wise. Lost started big but haemorrhaged viewers as it went on, and that was far more adept at these big arcs.

It'll be interesting to see how the mid-series hiatus affects viewing figures. I mean we've only got about four more episodes before the show buggers off for a holiday!

Quote: Griff @ May 3 2011, 2:18 PM BST

If it's any consolation Steve Thompson is a very good playwright.

He's a bloody rubbish hooker despite getting signed by Wasps.

Quote: chipolata @ May 3 2011, 2:15 PM BST

I have a feeling the next episode is written by the same guy who wrote the second and worst Sherlock episode.

Still, episode 4 might be good. Errr

I thought the 2nd and 3rd SH were both pretty poor.