The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 224

There was a convoluted explanation on Radio Five Live Live Live radio Live Live tonight that blamed FIFA, UEFA, our cats, anybody who could take responsibility, but, no.

Shrek is untouchable as is Wrigley Man.

You can hear it here from about 16m

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00yzd1j/5_live_Sport_The_Monday_Night_Club_28_02_2011/

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 28 2011, 9:13 PM GMT

Ashley Cole shocked the footballing world this week by becoming the first premiership player to possess a 2:2.

That's your Newsjack line isn't it? Go on, it is, isn't it?

:D

I'm going for his last air rifle being his penalty against Everton.

Laughing out loud Whistling nnocently

I suppose the ideal scenario, in the time left in the match, would be for Rooney to elbow Cole who then runs to the dugout, picks up his air rifle and shoots Rooney?

Or is that too much to ask?

So what happened tonight then? I've been working.

Quote: Chappers @ March 1 2011, 10:30 PM GMT

So what happened tonight then? I've been working.

We can't beat Villa, we can't beat Birmingham, we can't beat Liverpool, we can't beat Spurs, we can't beat Everton, we couldn't even beat Wolves when they were rock bottom - but tonight, we swatted aside the so called best team in the country.

We won't win the title, but when we repeat what we did tonight up at Old Trafford on May 7th - neither will Manchester United.

Although I can't see bloody Arsenal doing it.

I bet their supporters are so pleased they play wonderful football but haven't even got a second rate defence.

Quote: shaggy292 @ February 28 2011, 9:49 PM GMT

Absolutely outrageous. When is anyone at the FA going to grow some bollocks and get some brains? It's violent conduct, end of. The FA can't be satisfied that the referee is doing his job properly if he misses something like that.

I noticed the Scouse infested media were quick to want to lynch Rooney when Steven Gerrard has done it twice last year and f**k all was made of that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJyOqJ5VLvA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk0-CGrOWjg

Anyway, that aside and the fact we were robbed by the same referee who robbed us last year at Stamford Bridge aswell last night (why is he allowed to referee the same fixture again is a joke considering the embarrasing decisions he made last year that cost us the title)

So aside from them two issues- I'd like to pay tribute to Ryan Giggs as today marks the twentieth anniversery of his Manchester United debut- coming on as a substitute against Everton for Denis Irwin on 2nd March 1991. Absolutely amazing he's lasted this long and continues to be an important part of the team. The very epitome of professionalism.

Quote: Jack Massey @ March 2 2011, 11:02 PM GMT

Anyway, that aside and the fact we were robbed by the same referee who robbed us last year at Stamford Bridge aswell last night (why is he allowed to referee the same fixture again is a joke considering the embarrasing decisions he made last year that cost us the title)

Aah - you poor little angels.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

History repeats - hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed the Scouse infested media were quick to want to lynch Rooney when Steven Gerrard has done it twice last year and f**k all was made of that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJyOqJ5VLvA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk0-CGrOWjg

So aside from them two issues- I'd like to pay tribute to Ryan Giggs as today marks the twentieth anniversery of his Manchester United debut- coming on as a substitute against Everton for Denis Irwin on 2nd March 1991. Absolutely amazing he's lasted this long and continues to be an important part of the team. The very epitome of professionalism.

I'd like to echo all of this and also pay tribute to Ryan Giggs. What a fantastic player. He is the epitome of professionalism and how to conduct yourself both on and off the pitch.

To be able to play at the top level for 20 years is truly amazing. He is that rare breed of player who is as respected by opposing fans as he is by his own.

The fact that the esteem he is held in transcends bitter rivalries and intense competitors is a true measure of the man.

A tip of the hat and a huge congratulations to the legend that is Giggsy. Wales

Quote: Otterfox @ March 3 2011, 12:26 AM GMT

I'd like to echo all of this and also pay tribute to Ryan Giggs. What a fantastic player. He is the epitome of professionalism and how to conduct yourself both on and off the pitch.

To be able to play at the top level for 20 years is truly amazing. He is that rare breed of player who is as respected by opposing fans as he is by his own.

The fact that the esteem he is held in transcends bitter rivalries and intense competitors is a true measure of the man.

A tip of the hat and a huge congratulations to the legend that is Giggsy. Wales

I do actually respect him though it pains me to say it although I used to similarly respect Bobby Charlton - who incidentally got a standing ovation from the Chelsea Shed when he played his last First Division game in the capital - until I realised what a grumpy arrogant arse he was.

I'd like to pay tribute to Ryan Giggs ... The very epitome of professionalism.

For Man Utd, yes; but not for Wales. 20 years as a top-flight player and only 64 Welsh caps, he's an injury faker.

Quote: Chappers @ February 28 2011, 9:59 PM GMT

Firstly they still haven't done anything about Ferguson refusing to talk to the BBC. Yes - I know I keep on about it but it really shows how scared they are of those arrogant tossers.

MAKE A FUCKING STAND AGAINST THEM!

I do think you've got a bit of a bee in your bonet about this Dave. If he does not want to talk to the BBC, he does not have to. It's a free country. And as you hate him that much anyway, aren't you glad you don't have to hear his interviews on Match of the Day?
And your respect for Giggs, it goes to show what a great professional he is. I was talking to a very strong anti-United Liverpool fan last night and he said what a great man Ryan Giggs is.

*Sigh*

Not the best game I've ever seen. We'll still win the league though.

United were awful. Much the same as in the second half against Chelsea, but they should have finished off Chelsea in the first half on Wednesday.

They have a real problem killing teams off. Happy with their first-minute penalty against Liverpool in the cup, 1-0 against Crawley, they just sit back thinking they've done enough. It's bollocks. I, as a neutral, want to see teams going for it. I want either ace games where teams are flying at each other or total batterings of teams, regardless of who they are. Only then would it be 'the best entertainment product'.

Dan