The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 221

Looking forward to Rooney's goal on MOTD tonight.

Quote: Ben @ February 12 2011, 9:12 PM GMT

Looking forward to Rooney's goal on MOTD tonight.

Meh. S'alright. Crouch has scored better!

It was a terrific hit
Butr When I heard he'd scored a wondergoal I was hoping for something a bit more special.

Re: Liverpool
That Suarez looks pretty good.

Quote: GGdown @ February 12 2011, 11:13 PM GMT

Meh. S'alright. Crouch has scored better!

This is THE best overhead kick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2KeX7nhZRY

GOOD NIGHT AT HIGHBURY FOR THE GOONERS.

Quote: Ben @ February 16 2011, 9:36 PM GMT

GOOD NIGHT AT HIGHBURY THE EMIRATES FOR THE GOONERS.

;)

Oh yeah. I forgot about that!

They got a good result - but there was a point where Walcott was in a brilliant position - BUT COULDN'T USE HIS FUCKING LEFT FOOT!!!!

Why oh why oh why??????????????

They are paid enough you'd think they'd try to use their "standing" foot.

Two great Champions League nights- the Spurs was a great game of bread and butter football on Tuesday, last nights game was good for attacking football. I thought Wilshire was class. Still can't see it being enough though. If Messi wasn't firing blanks last night, the tie would be over. 40 goals he's scored in 35 this season. Downright class. I think 3-1 Barcelona at the Nou Camp.

I can't see Barca failing to get through, but I'd love to see Arsenal prove me wrong.

Definetly. I hope they do well. Only Man City and Liverpool who are English I would cheer against in Europe.

Quote: Chappers @ February 17 2011, 4:44 PM GMT

They got a good result - but there was a point where Walcott was in a brilliant position - BUT COULDN'T USE HIS FUCKING LEFT FOOT!!!!

Why oh why oh why??????????????

They are paid enough you'd think they'd try to use their "standing" foot.

Back in the early-'90s, when I had a season ticket at Goodison, and the players used to come out to warm up, before the match, a group of them would stand in the centre circle, taking turns to show their skills, keeping the ball up. We had Martin Keown back then, and I used to be amazed at how terrible he was at keeping the ball up. He'd try again and again, but could never seem to keep it up more than 2 or 3 times. Graham Taylor was managing the national team back then, so of course, Keown was promptly called up by him, earning his first few caps.

Keown was such a c**t though- hate the mans guts.

Quote: Jack Massey @ February 17 2011, 11:25 PM GMT

Keown was such a c**t though- hate the mans guts.

Is that because he kicked lumps out of your lot? Makes up to some extent for Ince, Keane and Cantona.

Quote: Jack Massey @ February 17 2011, 11:13 PM GMT

Definetly. I hope they do well. Only Man City and Liverpool who are English I would cheer against in Europe.

Only one for me I'm afraid!

I heard on Radio 5 live 5live live radio 5 live tonight that FIFA announced the ticket prices for the Champions League final at Wembley.

The cheapest is apparently £150 but . . get this . . subject to an 'administration charge' of £26 !

Now there's piss taking and there's piss taking but . . . .

I heard that too. Shocking. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THE GAME OF THE WORKING CLASS, MAN! I'd love to go, but I'm not paying that.