The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 225

Hahaha

Well done Liverpool

Quote: Jack Massey @ March 3 2011, 4:31 PM GMT

I do think you've got a bit of a bee in your bonet about this Dave. If he does not want to talk to the BBC, he does not have to. It's a free country. And as you hate him that much anyway, aren't you glad you don't have to hear his interviews on Match of the Day?

Erm...yes, he does have to talk to the BBC. The premiership clubs as a whole signed the contract that gets them millions of pounds of TV money every year from the BBC and all they have to do in return is provide the manager and two players of the broadcasters choice for interview after the match. Man U are openly breaching a contract with the BBC and yet for some reason, the BBC aren't sueing him and the FA aren't fining him for bringing the game into disrepute - and I have no idea why not!

He is fined every time he doesn't speak. The club pays it.

The BBC can't sue AF (I would think) becuase he didn't sign the contract. He is only a member of staff, just like the pie shop lady.

Quote: bigfella @ March 6 2011, 7:45 PM GMT

The BBC can't sue AF (I would think) becuase he didn't sign the contract. He is only a member of staff, just like the pie shop lady.

Quite. Why is anyone other than people who work for Man Utd and have to pay the fine even bothered?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 6 2011, 8:13 PM GMT

Quite. Why is anyone other than people who work for Man Utd and have to pay the fine even bothered?

I don't know. But it seems to cause a good deal of heartache to people on this thread.

I heard he was going to be involved in Red Nose day

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 6 2011, 8:36 PM GMT

I heard he was going to be involved in Red Nose day

Laughing out loud

Quote: bigfella @ March 6 2011, 7:45 PM GMT

Are you sure they're fined? I read today that he's never been fined because no TV company has ever formally complained?

And anyway, even if the club is being fined, it's still ridiculous that he's allowed to get away with it. If I was costing my company £10,000 every week, I wouldn't have a job for long! Plus you would think that the fine would increase on a weekly basis, to the extent that after 10 weeks of non-compliance, it might actually cause some significant financial damage.

And the reason it annoys people is because of the belief that if any foreign manager, and possibly any non-Man U manager tried to pull the same stunt, the FA would be having none of it. I don't know why it's just accepted by the BBC and various other media outlets either.

Basically a lot of people hate Man Utd.

Could Chelsea possibly overtake them still?

12 points behind, 2 games in hand and play them up at their dump.

Oh that would be justice!

Quote: Chappers @ March 7 2011, 2:05 PM GMT

Could Chelsea possibly overtake them still?

12 points behind, 2 games in hand and play them up at their dump.

Oh that would be justice!

I said that when you lot played us last week, Chelsea would need to win to have any chance in the title race. They did that. It could happen, it's still a three horse race for me- but I'd put it like this:
Man United- 60%
Arsenal- 25%
Chelsea- 15%

But yeah, right back in it. Lack of creativity in United's midfield is costing us games at the minute.

Arsenal Barcelona tonight, I think 3-1 Barcelona. Messi was firing blanks at the Emirates, had he been taking his chances that night, this tie would be over now. I expect him to get the goals tonight. This current Barcelona team is the best team I've ever seen: Xavi, Iniesta, Villa and Lionel Messi- absolute class.

3-1 Barca. Got any more tips?

How utterly pathetic is this ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-12690652

During the first Gulf War I painted "FUQ IRACK" in foot-tall letters on the back window of my car. Nobody ever complained and any cops and military members I passed always gave me a thumbs up.

I hope this isn't a wind up but I don't think he has the wit or intelligence for it to be !

http://www.twitvid.com/AHCJ1