The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 220

Quote: Ben @ February 6 2011, 6:28 PM GMT

Liverpool did the double over Chelsea! I think Chelsea are completely out of the title race now.

For all Chelsea fans: "No Carlo, you can't return Torres to Liverpool within 14 days for a refund!"
Laughing out loud

Quote: Chappers @ February 7 2011, 1:44 PM GMT

I think Wenger is heading for a heart attack.

And the mighty Wolves are coming calling this weekend !

:D

Sepp Blatter hints at 2022 summer World Cup in Qatar

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9387891.stm

Football's governing body later issued a statement clarifying the situation, stating that any potential change from a summer to winter World Cup in 2022 would be "first be requested by the competition organizers and presented to the Fifa Executive Committee for analysis".

He added: "In the bidding documents it was clearly established that the executive committee reserved the right to change anything in the bidding process, but here in this case it must come from Qatar."

He's a clever sod that Blatter. Always tries to find a way of getting someone else to take the blame first in case it all goes wrong. Based on that statement the organisers will be blamed for not asking for it to be moved and also for moving it.

He's always moving the goalposts that guy - I'm surprised we don't have three or four sets on the pitch to make it more exciting to go with women players in low cut tops as well as tight fitting shorts.

http://www.sport.co.uk/features/Football/1421/Sepp_Blatter_The_misdemeanours_of_Footballs_Mr_Bad_Guy__.aspx

Anyone looking forward to Denmark v England tomorrow?

*tumbleweed*

When the squad includes Fulham reserves and Villa loanees you know things are bad.

Ben Foster (Birmingham), Joe Hart (Man City), David Stockdale (Fulham); Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Bolton), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Joleon Lescott (Man City), John Terry (Chelsea), Kyle Walker (Aston Villa); Gareth Barry (Man City), Stewart Downing (Aston Villa), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Man City), Scott Parker (West Ham), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Ashley Young (Aston Villa); Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Peter Crouch (Tottenham), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)

And Lampard's still there. Rolling eyes

Quote: don rushmore @ February 8 2011, 12:13 PM GMT

And captain. It's a joke. I'd drop him now for sure. Great club player, never done anything for England. Would make Wilshire, Adam Johnson and Lennon permanent starters. And why he keeps picking Barry is plain stupidity.

Quote: don rushmore @ February 8 2011, 12:13 PM GMT

And captain. It's a joke. I'd drop him now for sure. Great club player, never done anything for England. Would make Wilshire, Adam Johnson and Lennon permanent starters. And why he keeps picking Barry is plain stupidity.

Now why does this not surprise me?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12396699

After all, they employed James Whale. Still do for all I know.

Makes sense. Talksport, of course, being the natural listening habitat of the drunken, middle-aged wife beater.

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 8 2011, 11:46 PM GMT

Makes sense. Talksport, of course, being the natural listening habitat of the drunken, middle-aged wife beater.

That's a crass generalisation Tim, I'm a talksport man. Hold on, the wife's knocked my lager over, I'll get back to you after I've dished out a shoeing. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 8 2011, 11:46 PM GMT

A few of the comments on here seem to reinforce your point Tim

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3399752/Gray-and-Keys-back-talking-sport.html?allComments=true

Think I might support Denmark tonight.

Just watched the Aston Villa - Blackpool game with my neighbor. Nothing like drinking beer at 9 A.M. to make me forget that I know nothing about the sport.