The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 219

Wolves 2 Manchester Utd 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:D

(This one's been in the post for some time now.)

I can't believe the unbeaten run comes to an end against the bottom team. Tut tut. It's always the way though.

Quote: Ben @ February 5 2011, 8:32 PM GMT

I can't believe the unbeaten run comes to an end against the bottom team. Tut tut. It's always the way though.

Indeed. I remember the 1990-91 season where Arsenal nearly won the league unbeaten, only to blow it by losing a game to lowly Chelsea.

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 5 2011, 7:22 PM GMT

Wolves 2 Manchester Utd 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just to add Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I don't take any pleasure in Man Utd failing

Unless they take pleasure in Liverpool failing.
in which case....

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Come on Fernando!
You can Stuff up their season I know you can.

Gary Neville quits and Man Utd get beat; was he the source of all their powers?

Possibly so
Liverpool went downhill once they sold Ronny Rosenthal

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ February 5 2011, 10:47 PM GMT

Possibly so
Liverpool went downhill once they sold Ronny Rosenthal

:D

Quote: Tuumble @ February 5 2011, 12:34 AM GMT

Just been looking at England's performances in major championships since 1980. Even when we got to the semi-finals in 1990 and 1996 we had a total of 3 wins and 8 draws in 12 games after 90 minutes over the course of both tournaments.

Just to reiterate, I'm talking about games over 90 minutes and not extra-time and penalties. For balance I've included those stats at the bottom of the page.

1980 - P3 W1 D1 L1
1982 - P5 W3 D2 L0
1986 - P5 W2 D1 L2
1988 - P3 W0 D0 L3
1990 - P7 W1 D5 L1
1992 - P3 W0 D2 L1
1996 - P5 W2 D3 L0
1998 - P4 W2 D1 L1
2000 - P3 W1 D0 L2
2002 - P5 W2 D2 L1
2004 - P4 W2 D1 L1
2006 - P5 W3 D2 L0
2010 - P4 W1 D2 L1

1980-2010 - P56 W20 D22 L14 in 90 minutes
1980-2010 - P56 W22 D20 L14 including extra-time
1980-2010 - P56 W23 D14 L19 including extra-time and penalty shoot-outs

Beat in 90 minutes: Spain, France, Czechoslovakia, Kuwait, Poland, Paraquay (2), Egypt, Scotland, Holland, Tunisia, Colombia, Germany, Argentina, Denmark (2), Croatia, Trinidad & Tobago, Ecuador

Lost in 90 minutes: Italy (2), Portugal (2), Argentina, Republic of Ireland, Holland, Soviet Union, Sweden, Romania (2), Brazil, France, Germany

Beat after extra-time and penalties: Belgium, Cameroon, Spain
Lost after extra-time and penalties: (West) Germany (2), Argentina, Portugal (2)

:| Are you sure your in a relationship?

Liverpool did the double over Chelsea! I think Chelsea are completely out of the title race now.

Just a point of remembrance today is the 53rd Anniversery since the Munich Air Disaster. To mark the day I've been watching a documentary about goalkeeper Harry Gregg who bravely rescued many passengers during the crash- including Matt Busby, Bobby Charlton and Dennis Violet. Plus he saved a Yugoslavian citizen named Vera Lukic during the crash and her two year old daughter. Plus Vera Lukic was also pregnant at the time. It's a very touching documentary that was aired for the 50th anniversery three years ago where Gregg goes back to Belgrade where United were playing on the 5th of February and then to Munich airport where the plane was sent for re-fuelling where on take off led to the crash. Shows what a hero and legend Gregg is. I recommend you give it a watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cS9i52eyeI

Quote: dellas @ February 6 2011, 5:28 AM GMT

:| Are you sure your in a relationship?

Of course! Thirteen years and counting...

[*door slams*]

Jo...? Jo...?

Much as I'd like it to be ferguson I think Wenger is heading for a heart attack. Why can't his team take advantage. They're much too weak.

Yes - I agree Chelsea have blown it but why can't anyone put a string of good results together. Anyone but those bastards. Even when they lose nobody catches up.

Be a bit careful about staements like that - I know people who have been caught out before. :(

I dislike United and I agree with your sentiments but I have a feeling that 'a pack of cards' might be a term attached to their season finale this time round. They always pick up towards the end but I just get the impression that they have two many big games coming up whereby their weaknesses will finally be exposed.

I reckon they'll finish the season having had at least four defeats, you mark my words...

Quote: Chappers @ February 7 2011, 1:44 PM GMT

Yes - I agree Chelsea have blown it but why can't anyone put a string of good results together. Anyone but those bastards. Even when they lose nobody catches up.

It pities me to see the opposition like this