Newsjack - Series 3 Page 28

Quote: chipolata @ July 8 2010, 11:13 PM BST

Probably cut at the last minute. Happened to me last year.

Crikey.

They edit these things after 6pm on the day of transmission?

I'll cling to the daft idea that I provided the title/theme. At least there's some money in it!

Quote: Failed Comedy Writer @ July 8 2010, 11:12 PM BST

Aw, Chipolata - you beat me to it. At least we have a template to write to next week.

The thing is, it actually gets a bit boring to listen to. Just one expert after another. There's no variety. I also thought -and I hope I'm not offending anyone - that the Dr Irregular sketch seemed to go on forever with no punchline.

Quote: Jinky @ July 8 2010, 11:21 PM BST

Crikey. They edit these things after 6pm on the day of transmission? I'll cling to the daft idea that I provided the title/theme. At least there's some money in it!

Well, it could just have been an innocent mistake sending you the email.

Quote: chipolata @ July 8 2010, 11:22 PM BST

Well, it could just have been an innocent mistake sending you the email.

True... but they'll take my writer's credit from my cold, dead hands.

(And, until I'm told otherwise, it means I'm on a hat-trick for next week.....I just have to think of a really good sketch title....)

Just when I was thinking my run of Open Door show success was coming to an end, I got a sketch in - the first guest in the Alternative Vote sketch (sorry Chip, it was the first of the interview ones Whistling nnocently ).
Bonus was that I also had 20 secs or so of the link into it as a) have really wanted to write a bit of the Miles stuff & b)took me over the magic 1 min barrier so extra cash.

Well done to all the winners - including Mikey J at last! The conspiracy against you is quashed, Mikey!

I'll go and dump my unused Vox Pops in another thread in a mo.

Quote: The Producer @ July 8 2010, 11:35 PM BST

Just when I was thinking my run of Open Door show success was coming to an end, I got a sketch in - the first guest in the Alternative Vote sketch (sorry Chip, it was the first of the interview ones Whistling nnocently ).

That was one of the better ones, and benefited from being early on. It was by Whacky Expert # 59 that I was starting to tire.

Quote: Badge @ July 9 2010, 12:56 AM BST

Well done to all the winners - including Mikey J at last! The conspiracy against you is quashed, Mikey!

Was yours the 3D life sketch, Mikey?

How do you pronounce biopic?

Congrats every who had stuff on.

I agree with chip about too many 'interview' sketches, though on a second listen this morning, it didn't seem quite as many. Seemed funnier on a second listen too.

I noticed Lewis wasn't there this week. Wonder where he was?

Dan

Listened to the last two episodes (which we didn't get anything into) back to back. Thought they were quite poor compared to the first two (which we didn't get anything into). I wonder what the last two (which we won't get anything into) will be like.

I haven't sent them interview/expert sketches, at least not this time. Am I in a minority? They seem to want them, but I don't particularly like writing them.

Yeah, I try to avoid them for the same reason. More fool us, mind!

Dan

Yep, there is no longer a conspiracy.

Funnily enough, in the last series, I got stuff in Episode 4 too.
Must be something about the number 4.

Was yours the 3D life sketch, Mikey?

How did you guess?
Yes. It was.

I actually got TWO sketches in.
Real Life 3D and the primary school sex education sketch.

Well done Mikey :D I'm very jealous!

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ July 9 2010, 12:54 PM BST

How did you guess?
Yes. It was.

Didn't you do that parody of Second Life which had a similar idea? Well, they keep telling us to recycle...
:P

Seriously, kudos for getting two sketches on. They both seemed to go down really well with the audience too.