Newsjack - Series 3 Page 24

I've had absoultely nothing appear on Newsjack but I'm not giving up yet. I think a sketch I've just written is a belter. It is a sketch about Britain's sporting "achivements" and the only way we could do well.

That sounds good Ian, tell me more. ;)

*licks pencil and gets notebook ready*

Quote: Ian Wolf @ July 3 2010, 2:55 PM BST

It is a sketch about Britain's sporting "achivements" and the only way we could do well.

Ask Germany to annex us?

I've gone a bit mad this weekend and have written a sketch that requires some music, sound effects and 6 different characters.

Better bin it and go back to the 'Miles interviews somebody about something' template....

I'm not saying! I'm not saying until after I know it's been picked up or not.

My sketch this week is involves a female doctor, a policewoman, and Miles (who gets all the best lines). If this one doesn't get in I'm going to kill myself.

Quote: Trabs @ July 4 2010, 10:41 AM BST

My sketch this week is involves a female doctor, a policewoman, and Miles (who gets all the best lines). If this one doesn't get in I'm going to kill myself.

Now where did I put my gun?

Quote: StephenM @ July 2 2010, 8:53 AM BST

Oh - and if you're interested mine was the England / Ed Miliband Vox Pop in the last group.

Loved that one! Well done.

I liked Jinky's sketch too - I hope the bit about the balls was yours because that was excellent.

Done a couple for this week but they seem a bit flat. I'll sleep on them and hopefully have thought of a way to zazz them up by tomorrow.

I've outdone myself this week and actually managed to send off two sketches with 4 hours to spare :)

2 sketches away. They're probably passing each other in the ether.

Quote: sootyj @ July 5 2010, 8:25 AM BST

2 sketches away. They're probably passing each other in the ether.

I imagine them merging and becoming one giant uber sketch taking over ze vorld.....

...or just becoming a jumble of words that don't make any sense.

Quote: Badge @ July 4 2010, 12:52 PM BST

I liked Jinky's sketch too

Kind words!

I've sent two sketches in this week. If any of you have done skits about Tony Blair's police protection or "Men's Hour" (the new radio show for men), then you will have to fight me to the death.

(Via this messageboard, obviously)

This may be a stupid question but does an attempt at a Miles intro come under a sketch so has to be in before 12 today or is it just a collection of one liners so is therefore due in before 5 tomorrow

Although I haven't been accepted like quite a few of you, I can act smug by saying I sent my scripts in yesterday. Why do we all chose to write two sketches though, rather than one or three?