Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 1 Page 4

Wonderful. I have to keep pinching myself. This is really on one of the proper BBC channels at a reasonable hour?

I think I've been waiting for this for about ten years.

I liked it.

One of the things I like most about Stewart Lee is that he isn't afraid of silence. He isn't afraid of not being funny either, which in my book gives him a chance of being funnier than those who are.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 16 2009, 11:44 PM GMT

:D :D :D :D :D :D

This was right up my alley and no mistakin', absolutely loved it.

He told funny stories about books and fings and I pretended I was smart too and laughed at his jokey words.

Well put. Although I also had to pretend I didn't once read a Dan Brown book. Whistling nnocently

But now I can progress to a book full of pictures of a man in different hats. Some close up. Some at a distance.

A breath of fresh air. I'm showing my age here but it kind of reminded me of Dave Allen - where he could just sit back and tell his stories in his own time. Not much of that about these days.

Jx

It was very good. Loved the fact he is not frightened to use really good stand-ups and comedy actors in the sketches. A lot of good talent on board.

Quote: Jane Perrin @ March 17 2009, 8:06 AM GMT

But now I can progress to a book full of pictures of a man in different hats. Some close up. Some at a distance.

Loved that bit! :D

It was excellent. I too thought he was going on about rappers and the corn exchange and that hand rail thing a bit too long but the punch made it worth it. Definitely looking forward to the rest of the series.

I haven't watched the red button bit yet (I left it recording and turned over to watch Heroes) but it looks like they're going to be doing that a bit more often, I noticed they're doing the same thing for Genius on Friday.

Guess it's just me that didn't like it then. Oh well, I'll live. :)

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 17 2009, 10:13 AM GMT

Guess it's just me that didn't like it then. Oh well, I'll live. :)

Were you familiar with him/his comedy previously?

Yeah, but I was hoping for an improvement. ;)

Haha!

Did you not watch then Aaron?

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 17 2009, 10:35 AM GMT

Yeah, but I was hoping for an improvement. ;)

Get out.

Quote: Aaron @ March 16 2009, 1:39 PM GMT

Following Jerry Springer: The Opera, he's got a LONG way to climb.

I really like Jerry Springer: The Opera. I wonder Aaron, whether you could stomach any musical? Jerry has some highly functional satire and some amusing lyrics in my opinion. As musicals go, it's amongst the best.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 17 2009, 10:41 AM GMT

Did you not watch then Aaron?

I did.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ March 17 2009, 10:45 AM GMT

I really like Jerry Springer: The Opera. I wonder Aaron, whether you could stomach any musical? Jerry has some highly functional satire and some amusing lyrics in my opinion. As musicals go, it's amongst the best.

I love musicals. Just not that one.

Quote: Aaron @ March 17 2009, 10:49 AM GMT

I did.

I think I know what you'll say, but are you not going to venture an opinion?

Quote: Aaron @ March 17 2009, 10:49 AM GMT

I did.

I love musicals. Just not that one.

Well, a couple of weeks ago I watched Mamma Mia in a room with four homosexuals and my girlfriend and I wish they'd just bummed me.