Horne & Corden Page 18

I saw it last night and quite liked it. It wasn't fantastic, but it had its moments. I think this was mentioned before, but a few of the sketches were 'good idea, shame about the execution' for me. I'll be able to judge it better after the second episode.

Apparently it does pick up a bit in the second episode, or at least it does according to The Radio Times. We'll see.

Quote: Danny K @ March 12 2009, 8:27 PM GMT

If everybody's right, and it is crap - what does that say about me?

Well, no one is 'right', it's all down to your own personal point of view. If you thought it was Ok, then it was.

What with the huge marketing surrounding Lesbian Killer Vampires, everyone's got sick to the back teeth of them and their smug, shiny faces.

One from sweat and the other from hair grease.

Corden reeks of "I know I'm fat, and acknowledge I'm fat; therefore I'm not embarrassed that I'm fat" mentality, as is evident in his constant desperation to get out his unsightly, gelatinous form.

Watch this, as far as British comedy goes, it surpasses that tripe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eof5e9RkS4k

Cal.x

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/12075#P384803

Link to discuss that vid if you would so please, m'ladies!x

Well I finished watching the rest of the episode. I've seen worse. the burger van sketch I found quite funny but they did rely on him being fat a bit too much for the rest of the show and they seem a bit keen to strip off and touch each other up for people who haven't actually come out yet.

Watching it has definitely not made me any more interested in seeing Lesbian Vampire Killers.

Hopefully it will improve. The missus thought it was absolute rubbish though.

Quote: Callemcio @ March 13 2009, 12:23 AM GMT

Corden reeks of "I know I'm fat, and acknowledge I'm fat; therefore I'm not embarrassed that I'm fat" mentality,

So, are you saying that's a bad thing? The fact he's comfortable with own moundy-ness?

Come on we all know that all fatties say this but deep down when they're on their own in a dark room in the middle of the night they're crying the fat arses off.

Oh yeah and women say that size doesn't matter, when really they all love massive willies.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 13 2009, 1:27 PM GMT

So, are you saying that's a bad thing? The fact he's comfortable with own moundy-ness?

I guess where Corden is coming from is playing on OUR issues with fat, not his. In the same way that Little Britain did in, well, nearly all of its sketches.. But it wears a bit thin. And those viewers who aren't actually shocked/nauseated/horrified by his obesity will just sit non-plussed and watch a programme filled with clips of a half naked fat bloke, wondering what the joke is.

Quote: Maurice Minor @ March 13 2009, 1:48 PM GMT

I guess where Corden is coming from is playing on OUR issues with fat, not his. In the same way that Little Britain did in, well, nearly all of its sketches.. But it wears a bit thin. And those viewers who aren't actually shocked/nauseated/horrified by his obesity will just sit non-plussed and watch a programme filled with clips of a half naked fat bloke, wondering what the joke is.

My word what a great reply.

In the words of Eric Morcambe re: Andre Previn, "I like him"

Mr Crusty:

You are an abomination, Sir.

I happen to be a failed anorexic weighing nearly seventeen stone and abhor those who blithely hurl around cheap cracks about how "sad" fat people are, with their unsightly distended bellies and guts-enveloped genitals.

How would you like it if you could brighten up a room simply by stepping away from the window? Well?

Think on.

Corden is fat and bemused. He has had greatness thrust upon him.

I'll give it another try but, judging by the first show, it was poor. Gavin & Stacey was enjoyable, with an excellent cast, but that doesn't mean that everything Horne and Corden do subsenquently is going to be fantastic. All sketch shows are hit and miss, and they way I judge them is to see how many hits there are compared to misses - in my opinion, there were very few of the former in episode 1. It all seemed a bit self-indulgent to me.

It seems Horne and Corden are cashing in as much as they can on the success of Gavin & Stacey, rightly or wrongly, depending on your viewpoint. A sketch show, a film, presenting the Brits etc...what next?

News - the gun sketch has been pulled from the repeats and the iPlayer edition of the show because of the shootings in Germany.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/2009/03/bbc_pulls_horne__corden_gun_sketch.html

Well that's just silly.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 13 2009, 4:25 PM GMT

News - the gun sketch has been pulled from the repeats and the iPlayer edition of the show because of the shootings in Germany.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/2009/03/bbc_pulls_horne__corden_gun_sketch.html

That's ridiculous. However, that was probably my least favourite sketch of the show so I guess that's one good thing.

That is supremely stupid. Have the BBC completely lost their bollocks?