Horne & Corden

OK, so time to place your bets. Is this sketch show, which starts next month, going to be great or terrible...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/horne_corden/

I predict it will be good. Which is annoying as I'm not sure how much bigger James Corden's ego can get.

After their pretty shocking performance back at the 'Secret Policeman's Ball' I haven't got much hope for this... Shame though because I do like Gavin & Stacey
:)

F**king hell everyone, at least watch an episode and then kick the shows teeth in. Sheesh.

Though actually, I don't know why I'm surprised really.

I can almost hear the knives being sharpened.

Quote: Griff @ January 15 2009, 12:07 PM GMT

I've never eaten dog turds either, do I have to give that a fair chance too?

Don't ask me, I'm one of the people over by the knife sharpener.

Quote: Griff @ January 15 2009, 12:07 PM GMT

I've never eaten dog turds either, do I have to give that a fair chance too?

Well yeah, that's exactly the same thing isn't it.

They're a couple of talented actors, but that counts for naff all.

Have they got a good; producer, script editor, director and a gang of talented writers?

As Sootyj hasn't been invited in any of these roles it's a weak start.

That said most decent sketch shows seem to grow out of writer/performer teams. I'll wait with interest.

I'll give it a try, although I'm with the people that reference their Secret Policeman's Ball performance. All I remember was them spinning round say 'Jonny Lee Miller' or something. Eddie Izzard stole the show.

Quote: Griff @ January 15 2009, 12:24 PM GMT

why am I going to think "hey this Corden and Horne sketch show might be good, I'll give it a try?"

I dunno, why you asking me for?

Quote: Griff @ January 15 2009, 12:47 PM GMT

Because you're accusing me of unfairness in prejudging the show?

I never did no such thing, must have been someone else.

I managed to find some clips of their stuff on YouTube.
And Matthew it ain't looking good. It's looking as bad as playing Roshambo with Bruce Lee and you going second bad.

Quote: sootyj @ January 15 2009, 12:54 PM GMT

I managed to find some clips of their stuff on YouTube.
And Matthew it ain't looking good. It's looking as bad as playing Roshambo with Bruce Lee and you going second bad.

Well at least you've watched some before commentating; it's a start!

Matthew, why do you care? What we think on here, whether it's based on actually seeing the show or just on prejudice, doesn't add up to a hill of beans. It's meaningless.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/horne_corden/videos/

Stopped watching at 2:04