Life Of Riley - Series 1 Page 10

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 15 2009, 1:56 AM GMT

May I ask in terms of your profile as "comedy producer seeking new writers" who you consider to be the Head Of Comedy?

Hi, I consider the HoC at the BBC to be the Hoc at the BBC. That is Mark Freeland. Perhaps the woman you are meeting is Lucy Lumsden, the Head of Commissioning.

I merely ask because he's such a busy man and you claimed to be due a meeting with him. I was curious how you'd performed such a miracle. Perhaps you meant you believed you were due a meeting. In which case, back of the line! All best.

And now back to Life Of Riley.

Just watched the last episode of this series and thought it was hilarious.

Quote: Aaron @ February 16 2009, 11:36 AM GMT

Coming Of Age.

So true; so very, very true.

Quote: Marc P @ February 16 2009, 1:06 PM GMT

Just watched the last episode of this series and thought it was hilarious.

I agree.

I had to watch the last episode on iPlayer because after the first two episodes I gave up but my uncle told me to watch it as he thought I'd appreciate the humour.

Boy am I glad I did, I was just crying with laughter, especially when the young boy kept fainting lol.

Just watched the last episode and thought it was OK. Couple of times I laughed, and a few smiles.

I thought some of the incidents were predictable but not necessarily disappointing.

I saw episode 2 and 5 on iPlayer as well and thought this was the weakest one from the 3.

I've heard a lot of criticism of the acting on this show but I've never really found this to be an issue.

I'd probably tune in if it didn't clash with Masterchef.

Well I thought it was funny, I enjoyed it, and I'm disappointed that it has finished, so there! :P

They really are!

Welcome to the site. :)

Eek, I didn't even realise the series had finished until last night when I turned on to watch. Huh? Guess that means I must have missed a couple then. Were there six episodes? It seemed to go very quickly. Thought they'd pulled the plug on it. :D

Quote: Richard Wells @ February 16 2009, 1:29 PM GMT

I agree.

I had to watch the last episode on iPlayer because after the first two episodes I gave up but my uncle told me to watch it as he thought I'd appreciate the humour.

Boy am I glad I did, I was just crying with laughter, especially when the young boy kept fainting lol.

Really? What a relief. I was involved in this show in a very small way and the studio recording were absolutely hilarious. Some things seem to be lost in translation to the screen. The figures are good enough for series two so everyone's keeping their fingers crossed.

Quote: Fabulous Andy @ February 22 2009, 1:06 PM GMT

Really? What a relief. I was involved in this show in a very small way and the studio recording were absolutely hilarious. Some things seem to be lost in translation to the screen. The figures are good enough for series two so everyone's keeping their fingers crossed.

Well if there is a second series then I will watch it as I don't think it really is as bad as some have made it out to be.

They certainly saved the best for last though as I really thought the final episode was well done.

Quote: Rustle T Davis @ February 20 2009, 2:44 PM GMT

Eek, I didn't even realise the series had finished until last night when I turned on to watch. Huh? Guess that means I must have missed a couple then. Were there six episodes? It seemed to go very quickly. Thought they'd pulled the plug on it. :D

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/life_of_riley_2009/

It did seem to go quite quickly, yes.

Life Of Riley Recommissioned!

(According to sources. You heard it here first)

Oh FFS...

Haha.

Oh my.