Life Of Riley - Series 1 Page 11

I think it was Mitchell and Webb who had a character who was always trying to get his sitcom commissioned. Only trouble was, he would think of a crap tile, then try and build a series behind it. Eg.

'Holy Cow'. It's, um, about, um . . . a vicar who milks cows, and , um …

I think Life of Riley comes from the same stable. It's about, um, this woman named Riley, and, um …

Someone pass me a gun.

Quote: Mark @ March 30 2009, 2:47 PM BST

Life Of Riley Recommissioned!

(According to sources. You heard it here first)

Oh my word!! :( Not Going Out dropped and this recommissioned.

I don't understand Huh?

As we pay for the BBC is it not possible that we could actually vote for the people in charge?

Quote: bigfella @ March 30 2009, 3:09 PM BST

As we pay for the BBC is it not possible that we could actually vote for the people in charge?

Interesting idea.
I vote Charlie Brooker.

Oh, good idea! I recently suggested having Newswipe every night instead of the One Show. Definitely something in this!

I vote me. Get some actual sanity back on the channel.

Haha. Could you and Brooker share an office?
Might be fun.

Yes. We can both bitch together.

I'm not sure if I said this before, but this is my opinion on "Life of Riley"...

The show was mildly better towards the end. It seems to have got another series commissioned, so maybe it will get better then. I'll no doubt will be watching it when it comes back on TV. Any ideas when it's coming back?

Either late 2009 (thinking Novemberish here) or early 2010.

I love this show. It was a nice little comedy that I could sit down and enjoy after a few very heavy days at College.

Plus, Lucinda Dryzek... she's just so beautiful. XD

Quote: Tom Simpson @ August 14 2009, 10:03 PM BST

But, having been so good on "Help I'm A Teenage Outlaw" (no, really), she seems to have lost most of her acting ability. Although the ghastly wet piecemeal of a character she has to play I'm sure doesn't help in all this...

I love this show. It was a nice little comedy that I could sit down and enjoy after a few very heavy days at College.

Really?

Quote: bigfella @ August 15 2009, 8:47 AM BST

Really?

Yeah, as far as I could see it wasn't trying to be too serious, it wasn't something that would play on your mind all week about events that had happened within it, it was just an enjoyable half an hour of television, plus, I just loved the theme tune. (fair enough, I can see that some people won't enjoy it, but the same can be said for every TV show out there).

I missed a few eps and watched about 3.

I liked what I saw but then again I'm always drawn to this type of show - 2point4 Children, Next Of Kin, After You've Gone, My Family - basically sitcoms about families.

It's the same old jokes repeated with the odd variation, nothing special, but watchable.

Let's face it, since 2point4 Children ended the BBC have tried to get another sitcom to replace it - they succeeded with My Family, but they will need something to take over that sinking ship soon.

Edited by Aaron.

I totally agree with both points. It's something I enjoyed watching but wouldn't rush out and buy the DVD.

Also Lucinda Dryzek is very attractive and certainly makes the show more visually pleasing.

Glad to hear about the second series being commissioned.